PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I've been looking for a reason to get rid of my fantastic LG 65" UHD set, but can't find one. Love an 85", but I sit 8' feet from the 65 and can move closer....

For quite a while, I was dedicated to Sony. 4-5 years ago, switched to Samsung. Two years ago, went to LG, and have been very pleased with it.
Hello group, my name is Doug, and I'm a TV-aholic. I currently have 7 TV's ranging from 24" to 106" . I'm not really dedicated to any one brand. Our current main (livingroom) TV is an LG 70". We also have Vizio, Samsung, TCL and Toshiba. Bang for the buck, the TCL is a fantastic value. We weren't shopping for another one when we saw the LG, but had to get it after seeing it.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
OLED vs Neo QLED, which do you think is better? From what i've read each technology has pluses and minuses so it comes down to what you prefer in a tv.

From reading professional reviews it seems that OLED work best in a darker room, one without too much natural sunlight. QLED has a much brighter screen but OLED has absolute black. I'm no expert btw, I just read the reviews from time to time.

I think I'd be happy with either one.
Price was the deciding factor for me. OLED is more expensive than QLED. Going from a plasma (true black) to the QLED, I can say that the overall picture quality and brightness greatly outweigh any decrease in black level.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
My son recently purchased a projector and watches TV on a white wall. I was surprised how nice the picture was. I was also amazed by the size of the projector...much smaller than expected.
Had the layout in our theater room been better, I would have projected to the wall also. I opted for the 3D version and I'm surprised by how well it looks. Avatar 3D is awesome, haven't watched it yet, but I do have the original Top Gun in 3D.