PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My post was a lame attempt to riff off the photo of James Brown underneath your pipe.puffy
and the lesson is don't try and make jokes about obscure people. ;)
Ah yes, it’s very similar, I just do t see them listed often
They're both a great style. I just sometimes have to brag about that pipe. It's a beast and a half. And it's also a slight bonus when you can follow old school Japanese style and use your pipe for self defense in a pinch. I mean you might give them enough ouch to get a head start on running away. Though who would mess with someone smoking any Canadian (if I remember correctly Canadian is the family, liverpool, lovat, lumberman are the specific style).

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I like the aesthetic of Canadian pipes too. Just bought an estate lumberman and currently looking for a Lovat to go with it.
I’m looking for old British lovats also and they seem harder to find then, say, billiards. I have a small Astley lovat that I love. There is a Dunhill on smokingpipes.com right now that is out of my price range for the immediate future. It’s a 76, looks lovely.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I’m looking for old British lovats also and they seem harder to find then, say, billiards. I have a small Astley lovat that I love. There is a Dunhill on smokingpipes.com right now that is out of my price range for the immediate future. It’s a 76, looks lovely.
I just saw the pipe you're referring to on SP site. It's a beauty. Love that slim profile. But it's a bit out of my price range too. I just recently aquired my birth year Dunhill so I'm done with pricy pipes for a while 🙂

Reactions: Ben.R.C