PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I’m sure you’ve gone and done it now.
I'm good with that because I have pounds of this stuff. I did buy four tins of this release because I have no control. I have to agree with the OP, 140 is a magnificent blend and is well deserved of the praise it has received. It's not dark, super rich, complex or contemplative. I find the flavor lighter, sharper and happy if that makes sense.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I'm good with that because I have pounds of this stuff. I did buy four tins of this release because I have no control. I have to agree with the OP, 140 is a magnificent blend and is well deserved of the praise it has received. It's not dark, super rich, complex or contemplative. I find the flavor lighter, sharper and happy if that makes sense.
Yeah I’m a big fan of the blend. I think I have 3-4 tins each from 2019 and 2020. I do, apparently, have a shred of self control though and have resisted this purchase so far. I keep waiting for it to sell out so I can stop putting it in my cart every day.

• Haha
Reactions: gervais and FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Yeah I’m a big fan of the blend. I think I have 3-4 tins each from 2019 and 2020. I do, apparently, have a shred of self control though and have resisted this purchase so far. I keep waiting for it to sell out so I can stop putting it in my cart every day.
I admit I don't have any self control. I embrace my TAD. Resistance is futile.
You should go ahead and get four tins. Come on, it won't hurt a thing, and you'll be cool. What's the point of having 2019 and 2020 if you don't have a matching set.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
It's a fantastic spring time smoke for sure, no one ingredient is overpowering. Just a really well blended tobacco.

Those dark fired florets are the same that were used in Sansepolcro, right? Love that blend as well.

Reactions: fireground_piper

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I could be tempted if it was a 50g tin, don’t need to waste money and buy 100g if I don’t like it, my tastebuds are picky LOL. 😆

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I don't like aromatics and I love this blend. Have not tried this recent release as I'm still working through some older tins from several years ago, but I did buy a few more to put back. Agreed it is a masterful blend; I don't normally care for C&D products, especially those that are Virginia-oriented.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
The only thing I don’t like about this blend has absolutely nothing to do with the tobacco, it’s just that the tins don’t stack.

• Haha
Reactions: gervais

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I have some airing now and will give it a try tomorrow morning. I haven't dug out a tin to compare, but for some reason the tin note strikes me kind of like the latest Jolly Old St. Nicholas did - may be wrong, but that is what instantly came to mind.

Reactions: Kingsley

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I got two of the tins, opened one yesterday and just had a bowl - this is good stuff! As someone would say, repeatable and an all day smoke!

It's pretty smooth and "light" - to me, and probably not what anyone else would get I suppose, kind of Lakeland "light" - I'm getting no cigar note at all and that's fine by me, but definitely the Va and some Oriental.