PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Model 29

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
pennsylvania
Last week I visited Cigars International, Hamburg,Pa. There was a lady customer there ahead of me,buying what looked like two pounds of black cavendish for her husband. I asked how long that will last,she said he will smoke it in a month. I said I like Black Cavendish,but I dont know if I like it THAT much. Lol. Anyone else go through two pounds of tobacco in one month?

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Isn't that basically what Captain Black Dark is? I had some a few years ago (might have been given to me, I can't remember), and while it smelled nice in the air, I always burned my tongue trying to detect any flavor from it. I ended up throwing it away in favor of blends that were easier to taste.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Isn't that basically what Captain Black Dark is? I had some a few years ago (might have been given to me, I can't remember), and while it smelled nice in the air, I always burned my tongue trying to detect any flavor from it. I ended up throwing it away in favor of blends that were easier to taste.
Flavored Cavendish is what is used in most aromatics. Unflavored cavendish is just that, unflavored.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Smoker's Pride (Lane) makes a good black cavendish - needs to be well-dried before smoking, though. I enjoyed Captain Black Dark as well. The pouch I got was a little dried out and as a result, it burned perfectly, cool and with very few relights and little to no moisture in the bowl. Great mellow smoke.

Reactions: Cap