PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Now my major regret was eating funky tasting deli meet at a christmas gathering about 30 years ago. I looked at my brother and we were like - this tastes funky. We kept eating of course. The next few days were a nightmare.
I can relate. I was on vacation with my family in Germany and when we stopped for gas I got a ham sandwich out of a vending machine because I was hungry. It also tasted kind of funky, but I was hungry, and had never had a bad food experience in Germany, so I ate the whole thing anyway. Big mistake, which I paid for over the next two days of our vacation.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
The first and only time I made eggnog from scratch - didn’t know you were supposed to cook the eggs… it turned into a rather messy evening.

There were the hot dogs from a cart in Mexico…. And fermented chili paste with curds in Indonesia - I was told to take it easy but man, I was hungry! Both of those put me down hard for a couple days.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The first and only time I made eggnog from scratch - didn’t know you were supposed to cook the eggs… it turned into a rather messy evening.

There were the hot dogs from a cart in Mexico…. And fermented chili paste with curds in Indonesia - I was told to take it easy but man, I was hungry! Both of those put me down hard for a couple days.

You're not supposed to cook the eggs! The alcohol and a little bit of time attenuates any Salmonella that may be lurking. Cooked eggs=lumpy mess.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

Never cook the eggs bro. Crack those little sluts and toss em in raw. I use to put 4 raw eggs in my morning smoothie for years and years with not an issue. I think the raw egg = salmonella poisoning is a bullshit lie.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
Never cook the eggs bro. Crack those little sluts and toss em in raw. I use to put 4 raw eggs in my morning smoothie for years and years with not an issue. I think the raw egg = salmonella poisoning is a bullshit lie.

I had the same thoughts, and even mocked everyone else at the Grinch party who were scared of the egg nog. That is until a short while later when I barely made it from the bar to the parking lot, where I was obliged to dropped trou in the parking lot, Calcutta style - in every way imaginable.

I’ve done the raw egg smoothie thing since, with no major I’ll effects; however, you get the wrong eggs and you could be in trouble. BTW, you don’t cook the eggs to lumpy…. You pasteurize them.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I only eat Taco Bell if I’ve been drinking….significantly. As a result, I eat ungodly amounts of it and everytime I immediately blast shit.

Life is full of good decisions that feel terrible, and terrible decisions that feel good. Every man must strike his own balance between the two. And for some of us that balance includes the occasional emergency dump.
I just spit coffee out my nose re-reading this post. Fuck that's hilarious

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
A year and a half ago we took our usual road trip from Texas to Arizona. We stopped in Las Cruces for the night and ate in a local Mexican restaurant that had good reviews. I ordered Chile rellenos. HOLY CRAP. The next day we had to make frequent stops. Gave new meaning to the term Flying J. Fortunately there were no associated cramps, but my intestines were making so much noise, they kept me awake the next night.