PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Can't say I've ever had that happen. If I'm not smoking them, they're in my shirt pocket or cardboard boxes.
Shit I'm always losing things, but they mostly turn up eventually. The only pipe I lost outright was a Chacom 2016 POY that I placed on the roof of my car as I was trying to round up the dogs to go home. Drove off down the highway and realized when I got home what I'd done. I make myself laugh sometimes. If I didn't I'd have to cry.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Shit I'm always losing things, but they mostly turn up eventually. The only pipe I lost outright was a Chacom 2016 POY that I placed on the roof of my car as I was trying to round up the dogs to go home. Drove off down the highway and realized when I got home what I'd done. I make myself laugh sometimes. If I didn't I'd have to cry.
I started buying shirts that have a pen slot in the button flap. Really secures the pipe in when the flap is buttoned.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I started buying shirts that have a pen slot in the button flap. Really secures the pipe in when the flap is buttoned.
Really? Aren't your pipes humungous? How do you fit a 4 oz meer in a pen slot? 🤣

That would work with my Peterson Belgique though, if and when it turns up. I usually carry my pipes in a jacket pocket, or pants when the weather is nice.

Law

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2020
Saudi Arabia
15 mins, It was a small ropp pipe that I eventually found I stuffed it in my messenger bag, later remembering that I had taken it but not used it that day thus forgetting it. Now, I only carry pipes in a small pipe pouch plus the accessories. Anything outside of my pouch is bound to be lost eventually as proven with tampers, tobacco, and lighters.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Really? Aren't your pipes humungous? How do you fit a 4 oz meer in a pen slot? 🤣

That would work with my Peterson Belgique though, if and when it turns up. I usually carry my pipes in a jacket pocket, or pants when the weather is nice.
Only the stems fit up through the pen slots and then the pipe slides down into the pocket and the flap is buttoned. My largest meerschaums are sectional. Though my work shirts have no pocket flaps, the size of my pipes generally keeps them from falling out.

3UJ6tT3_d.webp
p1W9sHL_d.webp

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
15 mins, It was a small ropp pipe that I eventually found I stuffed it in my messenger bag, later remembering that I had taken it but not used it that day thus forgetting it. Now, I only carry pipes in a small pipe pouch plus the accessories. Anything outside of my pouch is bound to be lost eventually as proven with tampers, tobacco, and lighters.
TAMPERS! Man. I've gotten better at keeping track of them, but I lost like one every couple of months for a couple of years. 🤣

Law

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Only the stems fit up through the pen slots and then the pipe slides down into the pocket and the flap is buttoned. My largest meerschaums are sectional. Though my work shirts have no pocket flaps, the size of my pipes generally keeps them from falling out.

3UJ6tT3_d.webp
p1W9sHL_d.webp
That's one big pipe, or pocket, or both. I could bet all my group 1 dunhill size collection could fit in there.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Back when I was a senior in high school I went on a picnic at a state park about 50 miles from home. When I got home I discovered my pipe was missing. It was the first Castello I ever bought and cost me a whopping $25, so I wasn't going to accept the loss easily. I turned around and drove back to the park. Arriving at dusk I used a flashlight to search the area we had been using. Fortunately I found my pipe and I still smoke it regularly to this day. That was the only pipe I can remember ever loosing. puffy