PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
The last of my mead soaked VA sample and would you look at that, a feisty little flake has survived. The rest will get a second and proper coating today. I think I lost my Czech, can't find the damn thing anywhere.
I never smoked a pipe without my Czech, I feel like my woman got kidnapped or something.

20221202_154532 - Copy.jpg

@Chaukisch Been planting some of these yesterday:
Liquidambar - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidambar
Also known as Sweetgum; I chose the name "Clay King" for mine!
That's a nice looking tree. How many were planted in total? Sounds great for tapping, do you plan to do that?

@Chaukisch Is that some of the Straight Virginia for the "Clay King"; looks a nice colour in the clay pipe!
Yep, it's the Virginia Gold Lemon. I will get to work later today, gotta get a few other things done first.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
@JimInks suggests old wood to savor certain tobaccos and I'm on a flake voyage (mostly) at the moment. Didn't realize I had a jar of 2009 Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 I'd purchased from a forum member on here a long time ago, so sipping it out of a century plus old Comoy's with a fresh pourover - I can't compare it to fresh, but it's pretty nice. Doing a little surprise trip planning for my sweetheart (hope she wants to come along) - PNW/Northern CA next summer.
77E0B23D-4187-4952-B647-032B59FE9826_1_201_a.jpeg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Lo
@JimInks suggests old wood to savor certain tobaccos and I'm on a flake voyage (mostly) at the moment. Didn't realize I had a jar of 2009 Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 I'd purchased from a forum member on here a long time ago, so sipping it out of a century plus old Comoy's with a fresh pourover - I can't compare it to fresh, but it's pretty nice. Doing a little surprise trip planning for my sweetheart (hope she wants to come along) - PNW/Northern CA next summer.
View attachment 184421
Love the mug ❤️🎄

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Delayed walking to watch the TV coverage about the late Gaylord Perry. I loved watching him pitch. RIP Gaylord.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.