PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A bunch of guys from the PSD forum get together at Boswell's every few months. I missed the last two. We had folks from PA, MD, and VA. Lestrout was there. Berg was supposed to come but had a family emergency (I hope all is ok). It is always great to catch up with these folks and the hospitality at Boswell's is always first rate.

1667737377696.png

1667737186204.png
1667737202284.png
1667737220841.png
1667737348988.png

Ksigel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2021
Connecticut
A bunch of guys from the PSD forum get together at Boswell's every few months. I missed the last two. We had folks from PA, MD, and VA. Lestrout was there. Berg was supposed to come but had a family emergency (I hope all is ok). It is always great to catch up with these folks and the hospitality at Boswell's is always first rate.

View attachment 179777

View attachment 179773
View attachment 179774
View attachment 179775
View attachment 179776
Is this open to all or by invitation?

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
@ssjones sorry I missed the meet, and yes, all is okay on this end.
Al, it would be a good thing if you or I could post the get togethers here - it’s about fellowship, not forumship.

Ksigel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2021
Connecticut
That sounds great. We have such a group here. It is the Hartford Reading Society. We do read (tobacco tins) but mostly smoke pipes with friends. We meet in Hartford the second Thursday each month. All welcome. If interested let me know.

Reactions: jpberg
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
So many questions.

What day of the week do these usually occur? It appears to be in the earlier part of the day based on the light, which suggests a weekend? Is this at the Chambersburg location? How long do you hang out?

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
-Always a Saturday
-9 am start, until 2-3 pm
-Some folks meet at a local diner, then head to Boswells
-Always at the Chambersburg PA location

Thanks! I've been curious to visit Boswell and check out the pipes and blends. Being on a Saturday makes this doable. Convincing the better half about hanging out indoors and the two and half hour drive from our PA location might be tough, though. I'll need to do some research and see if something else of interest in the area can be combined with the excursion.

Reactions: fireground_piper

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Thanks! I've been curious to visit Boswell and check out the pipes and blends. Being on a Saturday makes this doable. Convincing the better half about hanging out indoors and the two and half hour drive from our PA location might be tough, though. I'll need to do some research and see if something else of interest in the area can be combined with the excursion.
Not sure if this will appeal to you but there’s a huge antiques mall that’s close by to Boswells. I usually hit it up when I go to Boswells. Found some good things there for good prices.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Gettysburg is 35 miles away
Hershey is 66 miles away
There are some incredible PA-Dutch run greenhouses near Chambersburg (Lurgan Greenhouse, etc.)
If you love plants/flowers/shrubs, that place is hard to top.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey