PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Some freshly cut Latakia Virginia Bright in my sawn-off hunter pipe, a cold pilsener to wash it down.
It's as good a smoke as it always was. Can't believe it took me so long to try this leaf straight.

View attachment 182228

My damn washing machine broke yesterday and flooded the bathroom and parts of the hallway, two days after I gave the whole place a good and thorough scrubbing. :rolleyes: Thankfully there was no other damage and the mess was quickly cleaned up. Still...

On a happier note, I recently got hooked on old pipe tobacco TV ads. Many of you have probably seen them on the tube back in the days. This one is probably my favorite, it definitely made me want to try some
St. Bruno. Just look how enthusiastic that guy handles his pipe. 😁 And that dog is just precious.

Followed by this one.
That's a neat trick the old fox is pulling off, @Chasing Embers should try it out some time! 😁

I also like how they all pack their pipes in those commercials, they don't give a shit!

@Carol - Hope you get well soon, I'm sure your pipes are missing you!
@Chaukisch How's the new clay?
@Carol Get well soon!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Some freshly cut Latakia Virginia Bright in my sawn-off hunter pipe, a cold pilsener to wash it down.
It's as good a smoke as it always was. Can't believe it took me so long to try this leaf straight.

View attachment 182228

My damn washing machine broke yesterday and flooded the bathroom and parts of the hallway, two days after I gave the whole place a good and thorough scrubbing. :rolleyes: Thankfully there was no other damage and the mess was quickly cleaned up. Still...

On a happier note, I recently got hooked on old pipe tobacco TV ads. Many of you have probably seen them on the tube back in the days. This one is probably my favorite, it definitely made me want to try some
St. Bruno. Just look how enthusiastic that guy handles his pipe. 😁 And that dog is just precious.

Followed by this one.
That's a neat trick the old fox is pulling off, @Chasing Embers should try it out some time! 😁

I also like how they all pack their pipes in those commercials, they don't give a shit!

@Carol - Hope you get well soon, I'm sure your pipes are missing you!
@Chaukisch Do you think anyone would pull that trick with the Clay King 👑???

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
A mix of leftovers, I don't wanna write all the stuff down. Trying to involve the briars into a regular rotation.
Today I've been smoking more today than all this past week. Must be my 8th pipe by now.

20221121_000241 - Copy.jpg

I would but that large pipe is the size of my smallest ones. Why would I have to hit someone up for tobacco? I've got just under 50 years worth in my cellar not to mention I wouldn't be around anyone when I'm smoking.
It was just an amusing thought after seeing that ad, mooch and pack down half the pouch and take it with you afterwards anyway. Pretty slick move. 😁 Enjoy your weekend!

@halfdan
Dude, you're zapping my wires here. Three or four different things to reply to and answer,
don't blow the man down! :ROFLMAO:
The new clay is good enough, had some cracks that needed repairs but it smokes well.
What others think about what I come up with, no idea. That's why I'm sending you some soon enough, so you can give me an opinion. I'll keep you updated!

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
@Dyakoff How's things in Ukraine; are you safe? I thought most of the population were in Poland and Romania...
There's a Ukrainian family in Sheffield go to Tribe Bushcraft at Holmesfield in Derbyshire, they've got a Ukrainian flag there. Shame the flags have gone from Donetsk Way tram stop though...
No place in Ukraine is now safe, unfortunately. But some places are safer than others. It just takes some getting used to the idea that waking up in the morning is no longer taken for granted.

Not sure what you mean about “most of the population”, cause according to the UN data, 12,5 mln Ukrainians left the country, and 5 mln of those returned back later. So this means that around 25-30 million people are now here.
I swear that commuting to work in the morning sometimes feels like those 30 million people are right there with me, lol.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
It seems like the transition from fall to winter happens overnight where I live, so it is much colder and windier than it was a few days ago. On a whim, and away from any disapproving eyes, I pulled this from the back of a drawer and took a tiny bit rather than going outside with a pipe last night:

silverstone_orange.jpg

I had picked up this snuff at a great tobacco store in Minneapolis years ago, but never worked it into any routine. I'm not sure why; last night's pinch was delightful! I went to look up more info on this particular one, and of course it was discontinued long ago...

Now I'm trying to decide whether to order other snuffs to try, or just avoid that rabbit hole.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
C&D Palmetto Balkan (sample) in my Savinelli Bacco 321 bent author, in the relative warmth of my workspace (a 60s era Spartan trailer). My view of the birds is severely obstructed, but it allows for a hypothermia-free smoking experience, of which I am most definitely a fan. Not much to report on, other than some ravens, sparrows and jays.

@JEdwards Props to you for being able to smoke University Flake. I myself would need a blowtorch and about a month of dry time. In the Sahara desert. In July. 🤪

@AppalachianPiper92 Happy birthday! Don't wish for one b-day candle to stay lit, or else your wish might come true. Or not. Okay, no need to listen to me anymore.

@Carol Hope you're feeling better!

Happy weekend all!

bacco side.jpg

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
C&D Palmetto Balkan (sample) in my Savinelli Bacco 321 bent author, in the relative warmth of my workspace (a 60s era Spartan trailer). My view of the birds is severely obstructed, but it allows for a hypothermia-free smoking experience, of which I am most definitely a fan. Not much to report on, other than some ravens, sparrows and jays.

@JEdwards Props to you for being able to smoke University Flake. I myself would need a blowtorch and about a month of dry time. In the Sahara desert. In July. 🤪

@AppalachianPiper92 Happy birthday! Don't wish for one b-day candle to stay lit, or else your wish might come true. Or not. Okay, no need to listen to me anymore.

@Carol Hope you're feeling better!

Happy weekend all!

View attachment 182313
Thank you good sir! My wish this year was for my joint pains to get better, not worse. Fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.