4Noggins - Tobacconists - Missing In Action?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
It sounds like he has no interest in continuing a thriving business. He is doing the minimum when it comes to service. Maybe the guy wants to sell it. I bet a bunch of us could restore it to it's former glory and take it to a new level.

I don't know what his numbers look like, but there are enough smart guys to figure out what a buy out number should look like. I don't think he has a big inventory with pipes or pipe tobacco and his cigar inventory is a total joke.
No Fuente, no Opus or No Don Carlos or Hemingway and not one of the finest cigars the world has ever seen. the Don Carlos Lancero which blows away any Cuban and I will put it up against any cigar in todays market place.

If I wanted to go back to work, I know me and the right guys could put serious pressure on SP and we would blow PC out of the water. If anyone is into the leg work we can create a consortium of investors. I would think a 50,000.00 buy in with the right number of guys could pull it off.
FWIW, Cigars City appears to be owned and operated by the same team as 4Noggins, and has much better cigar selection.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
It's here!! It's here!! Glory Be To God, it's here!!

Now that you've seen for yourself that this retailer does in fact deliver the goods, perhaps we can let this thread die?

Just an idea.

Quite a few people in the world depend on their service and 99% know it to be reliable. Just don't expect to have a chin-wag with them on the phone or enjoy lengthy correspondence.

They are obviously not crooks and have a very long track record to prove this. Now you know this too. Huzzah!

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
The guy who started this thread got his tobacco. He was just... wait for it... impatient.

I have also got my orders. Here they are:

Untitled.jpg

I just don't expect to call the man on the phone and chat about it all. Nor do I expect e-mails from him to say that it's all going to be okay. For 15 years or more, it has all been fantastic.

EVERY company is going to have a disgruntled customer here and there because they feel slighted on something that amounted to nothing. This thread is a perfect example.

So, I'm just adding my good news story, which people are much less inclined to provide. More satisfaction in bitching about things, I guess.

And the code for the sale is PIPES10 at checkout. It's not advertised on their web site, but rather in an e-mail.

From the day the new owner took over, people took a giant shit on his head. And you know the crazy thing? They had the wrong fucking guy! Totally unrelated to the guy that armchair google sleuthing by some people pulled up... It's crazy. But no wonder he's not a sponsor here. Why would he be?

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Thanks ULamp! Despite my order list looking somewhat similar to yours, I guess I'm not on the official mailing list.
And I agree, no issues on my end, count me as a very satisfied customer.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
The guy who started this thread got his tobacco. He was just... wait for it... impatient.

I have also got my orders. Here they are:

View attachment 179151

I just don't expect to call the man on the phone and chat about it all. Nor do I expect e-mails from him to say that it's all going to be okay. For 15 years or more, it has all been fantastic.

EVERY company is going to have a disgruntled customer here and there because they feel slighted on something that amounted to nothing. This thread is a perfect example.

So, I'm just adding my good news story, which people are much less inclined to provide. More satisfaction in bitching about things, I guess.

And the code for the sale is PIPES10 at checkout. It's not advertised on their web site, but rather in an e-mail.

From the day the new owner took over, people took a giant shit on his head. And you know the crazy thing? They had the wrong fucking guy! Totally unrelated to the guy that armchair google sleuthing by some people pulled up... It's crazy. But no wonder he's not a sponsor here. Why would he be?
Are you kidding me? I don't know who the owner is or care. They were absolutely horrendous to work with.

Don't expect to call the man and chat on about it in the phone? How about no one answering the phone for 3 weeks and the voicemail being full lol.

It's not disgruntled customers "here and there". 4Noggins (and P &C to an extent) are literally the only two companies in the pipe tobacco market that I've ever heard anyone speak negatively about. 4Noggins has an insane amount of negative feedback if you follow the forums and various groups lol.

Thanks for the promo code....

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If anyone is thinking of owning a retail store, better be prepared to work 9 am- 9 pm 7 days a week. When I opened my pool hall the hours of operation were 11 am to 1 am. I got there at 10 to set up the room and then closed at 2 am to clean up the place. 16 hours a day was a mother, but it paid off and I never regretted it.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
If anyone is thinking of owning a retail store, better be prepared to work 9 am- 9 pm 7 days a week. When I opened my pool hall the hours of operation were 11 am to 1 am. I got there at 10 to set up the room and then closed at 2 am to clean up the place. 16 hours a day was a mother, but it paid off and I never regretted it.
Whoever the owner is they have no business acumen. Answer phone calls between 11 am and 2 pm? Nah. Empty voicemail box on your main business line? Nah. Deliver on the services you advertise on your own website? Nah. Respond to emails within 2 weeks? Nah. Keep politics out of your business? Nah. Respond to the dozens of people's shitty experiences with justification of garbage process. Beneath me.

Market yourself as a less-than-legal niche supplier.... Bingo

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Whoever the owner is they have no business acumen. Answer phone calls between 11 am and 2 pm? Nah. Empty voicemail box on your main business line? Nah. Deliver on the services you advertise on your own website? Nah. Respond to emails within 2 weeks? Nah. Keep politics out of your business? Nah. Respond to the dozens of people's shitty experiences with justification of garbage process. Beneath me.

There are plenty of retailers to choose to purchase your tobacco from if this establishment doesn’t meet “your” standards. Move on, nothing to see here.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
There are plenty of retailers to choose to purchase your tobacco from if this establishment doesn’t meet “your” standards. Move on, nothing to see here.
Lol your the one in the wrong place pal.

This is essentially a shit on 4Noggins thread and you're telling me to move on. The audacity lol

Reactions: Andre_T

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I’ll bite…………. 4 Noggins is a life saver for people who smoke a pipe outside CONUS and we receive very very good service. I find nothing tardy about what they do or how they do it and the OP has received his good in 11 days if I read correctly, not to bad given the state of the U.S postal service.

My personal observations on all things tobacco and smoking are these. We need every single player in the market place to remain because the machinations of the global political system have a very different agenda than ours. We won’t be able to enjoy our hobby for ever, nor will the existence of the current group of retailers remain. B&M stores are closing everywhere, smoking outside your own home is becoming increasingly difficult, whole Tobacco growing regions can no longer grow tobacco and the year on year acreage of planted tobacco contracts. None of this bodes well.

You have had a bad experience, that much is clear but it won’t be your last from a retailer because service is now a myth, hell even MacDonalds makes you use a touch screen now and have you tried to talk to someone at a bank or government office lately, meh. Personally I like 4 Noggins and will continue to support them because the service they provide is just what the doctor ordered in these tobacco oppressive times.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK

I’ve used 4noggins several times for tobacco purchases, going back several years. Never had a problem, delivered 2-4 weeks after paying for an order. Here in the UK, lots of us use them & I’ve never heard of anybody not receiving their order…not one.

I’m guessing you wanted to consign your tins through 4 Noggins because they will get you the best prices due to them charging ‘exorbitant’ prices to their mostly international customer base?

Must be terribly frustrating for you not getting the attention you think you deserve.

14EBEF3F-BC02-409D-9423-112A8E304A17.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
love how when a company gets lots of complaints people defend them with stories of them doing the minimum level of being a business and acting like that some how counteracts their indifference to customer satisfaction as evidenced by their throwing customers an attitude of you owe us not the other way around.

Reactions: ReneRobert