Peterson B10. Are There Any Lovers/Haters of This Shape?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Wow, I really like that grain. I also love a dublin, and I love spigots... but... for me, the bend is too extreme for my tastes. But, as a whole, it is a very attractive pipe.
Love it! That’s a great shape, grain, and spigot is cool.
Yeah, maybe I should have used a more generic photo, lmao! That is definately NOT the pipe. Just a stock photo I pulled off google. But yes, that specific pipe is a beautiful example indeed. Let's try this one instead though.

009617A7-07CE-4143-ACE4-BC8B0A9D18D1.jpeg

Yeah, maybe I should have used a more generic photo, lmao! That is definately NOT the pipe. Just a stock photo I pulled off google. But yes, that specific pipe is a beautiful example indeed. Let's try this one instead though.

View attachment 177043
If you like the pipe, my opinion shouldn't matter. But, since you asked... without the grain, my "wow" factor went from a 9 to a 2. But, if you like it, that would be all that matters.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
To my eye, the top-line transition point between the bowl and the shank is a tad high.
IOW, I'd prefer to see that "V" carved a bit deeper, so that the top of the shank meets the bowl a bit lower.
Just my visual taste. YMMV.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and gervais
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I have one but not in a spigot. I love the shape and smoke I get from it, but it's in a P-lip, which I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I think I'm just more partial to a fishtail. All that aside, the shape is great, which reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, and I tend to pull that pipe out when I watch an episode of the older Jeremy Brett Granada series.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Love the shape but I sold the last one I had due to the poor stem work (I’d buy another but only after close inspection in person - really like Petes but I’ll never ever buy another online). That one is particularly lovely!

Reactions: Scottmi

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I have one and thought I'd like it and it is the only pipe I own I've never smoked, lol. I think and thought it looks great in pics, etc. and once in hand it just didn't speak to me.

Reactions: Zero and gervais

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Not sure why, never really was drawn to that shape. Was gonna try Christmas pipe in that shape, but didn't find one catching my eyes.

Markem

Might Stick Around
Aug 4, 2022
Beaverton, OR
Mine is rusticated. Not the best looker of my bunch, but easily in the top 3 for smoking. I'd give up by 304 system and my Aran before that one.

Reactions: Zero

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have one B10, a Peterson Jekyll and Hyde. I like the Jekyll and Hyde pipes. I don't love the B10, I don't hate it either...it's just okay.

Reactions: Zero

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I too, have been admiring the B10 because it seems to be a slightly larger chamber than other Dublins, but I am comparing it to the Hansom shape which is larger. Although, like @telescopes above, I would be hesitant to buy one I hadn't seen in person unless there were many pictures available.

Reactions: gervais and Zero
Jun 9, 2018
England
I have a b10 with the amber stem. I also had a regular fishtail made for it. It's a lovely pipe but be aware that the conical bowl isn't that big (on mine anyway).
I smoke straight Virginia in it such as FVP and Christmas Cheer :)

peterson-real-amber-stem-natural-spigot-b10-02_2d_0002.jpg

The amber stem came with a special bone tennon. The same sort of thing as you get now with deluxe system pipes except that instead of metal it's bone.
IMG_20210928_161332.jpg

Picture wiith the extra stem I had made. Apologies for the terrible camera work😒. I swear, a cat could do a better job of photographing things than my backwards arse😼
IMG_20190929_213256.jpg