PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Can anyone recommend a readily-available ribbon-cut Va/Per similar to Escudo? So many Va/Pers come in flakes and coins, but I prefer ribbon-cut or another loose cut. Oh, one available in bulk would be nice. Thanks, and Happy Independence Day!

Reactions: JOHN72
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Other than Escudo, my go to is Peterson De-luxe Navy Rolls. But, they don't meet your remit, since they're coins.
It is a pain in the butt to have to rub them out, but I guess it's all part of the enjoyment. I'm always amazed at how sticky my fingers get from the sugars.
As an aside, what other VaPers do you smoke?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The only ribbon VaPers I have are Peterson Irish Oak (called Irish Cask now) and Lane 125th Anniversary. Both of these are very low on perique content, however, so if you're in search of something on the higher end of the strength spectrum (like where GLP Windjammer would be, for example), you can count those two out.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
It doesn’t get talked about much these days but I highly recommend Elizabethan Mixture and it’s readily available. It used to be harder to get.
Apologies for the back-to-back post.
For some unknown reason, I associate Elizabethan Mixture with Royal Yacht, which gets a raw deal from most folk, which is probably why I haven't gone for EM.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Can anyone recommend a readily-available ribbon-cut Va/Per similar to Escudo? So many Va/Pers come in flakes and coins, but I prefer ribbon-cut or another loose cut. Oh, one available in bulk would be nice. Thanks, and Happy Independence Day!

Escudo is a coin-cut, thus its name

I’ll add another recommendation for GL Pease Telegraph Hill

Reactions: Scottmi

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
The only ribbon VaPers I have are Peterson Irish Oak (called Irish Cask now) and Lane 125th Anniversary. Both of these are very low on perique content, however, so if you're in search of something on the higher end of the strength spectrum (like where GLP Windjammer would be, for example), you can count those two out.
Thanks though, I have a ton of each, so might be worth trying out.

Reactions: Servant King