PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Just received what looks now, compared to recent posts, to be a small order. 2 lbs. each of Low Country Virginia & Burley, Virginia & Oriental and Virginia with 2 oz. of Golden Extra tossed in.View attachment 151813
Love it. The Low Country Natural's age very well. Kinda so so fresh, but really come to life as time goes by. At least in my experience. I have many pounds myself. The Golden Extra is good too.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Love it. The Low Country Natural's age very well. Kinda so so fresh, but really come to life as time goes by. At least in my experience. I have many pounds myself. The Golden Extra is good too.
I plan on aging most of it. I'll mylar bag a lot and put a few ounces of each in mason jars so I can get into it periodically. I've heard good things about these and made the order without ever trying any of the blends.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Was just outside of Boston for some business this week. Had an opportunity to stop by the Watch City Cigars, Framingham, Mass; place is loaded with all manner of cigars and especially pipe tobacco and accessories. Picked up some Watch City Slices, Wessex Burley Flake, and Peterson Irish Flake. Surprised they had the Burley Flake and couldn't pass it up. But they also had some other brands/blends I haven't seen in a bit, but didn't need -- particularly from Rattray, Wessex (as mentioned above), and other manufacturers. If you are looking for something, you may want to check the website -- Exotic Passion and Marlin Flake -- are listed as available (at time of posting) or give them a call. Sure, it's less expensive purchasing on-line due to State taxes, but the store is a bastion in these times of fading Brick and Mortar operations -- even though I was limited on time, I just had to stop and I anticipate stopping by every time I'm back toward Framingham.

Oh, and great staff too...it's been a long time since I've talked to someone behind the counter who actually knew the pipe tobacco business (brand-by-brand specific) and was willing to engage me on all manner of contemporary tobacco issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.