Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
First bowl of SPC Hood Canal in a 321 Savinelli author. It strikes me as a quality blend, but for some reason no matter how many latakia-forward blends I try, they just make me want to have a bowl of Ten Russians instead. Maybe I should quit trying others and simply add more Ten Russians to my cellar. Most of the blends I really like that have latakia are burley forward (Hood Canal does use burley) and latakia is in the background. Ten Russians has me convinced that there may be another latakia forward blend that I would like but so far no dice. I'll give it a few more bowls.

EDIT: Okay I do like Sam's Blend, and that's definitely full-on latakia forward, but I think that's because the dog on the tin convinces me to have yet another bowl every time lol.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Black, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly Sunday pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Late afternoon attempt to get yesterday's bowl of KBV Mr. Christian's Spacial Cuts #2 to stay lit long enough to sip and enjoy. Dried this one for two hours before the intial light, waited another six hours, tried/gave up, and left for the last 30 hours. Better, but have to puff like a Baldwin locamotive - and it still goes out. Hmmm. Will just leave a batch out to dry for several days and work from there. A very nice tobacco when lit (looks like it'd be great to chew) and worth the work I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.