PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Hard to dethrone a champ that’s allowed to circumvent the salary cap three years in a row. I guess $17 million over the cap ISN’T a competitive advantage.

i do believe the Avs will say hold my beer . . . .and put Tampa down.

last year I thought it was BS what the bolts did with the salary cap but after kicking it around for a bit, I changed my mind. If there a hole in the system that you can take advantage of legally then whose fault is it if you do? Bettman should have closed the loophole years ago. not mad at Tampa, just that much sweeter when they go down

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
i do believe the Avs will say hold my beer . . . .and put Tampa down.

last year I thought it was BS what the bolts did with the salary cap but after kicking it around for a bit, I changed my mind. If there a hole in the system that you can take advantage of legally then whose fault is it if you do? Bettman should have closed the loophole years ago. not mad at Tampa, just that much sweeter when they go down
Didn’t bother you two years ago? Cause this is year 3 that they are WELL over the cap.
Bettman is just pure scum. He’s facilitated so many shenanigans it’s not funny. Three work stoppages, rigging the draft so a failing Pittsburg franchise gets top pick (Crosby).
Facilitating the moving of the North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Jets, Thrashers (the one smart move), so his grand plan of a desert franchise could be realized.
(Yeah, The Yotes are a joke of an organization)
Sweeping Gretzky’s improprieties under the rug while he was with the Yotes.
Ignoring the sex scandal with the Hawks.
Being a complete inconsistent joke when it comes to player safety. (Matt Cooke should have been out of the league so many times, Just ask Tyutvin, Walker, Anisimov and Savard. Well don’t ask Savard, he’s basically a vegetable now due to that douche Cooke and his outright criminal blindside hits, sloop footings, and illegal cross checks to the head. If there’s a God; then surely Cooke will find himself eaten alive by a pack of ravenous wolves)
No suspension for Weber slamming Zetterberg’s head against the glass?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
He’s still doing that. Brad Marchand, Tom Wilson, etc. should all be gone.
Actions where Wilson was suspended, don't even warrant a penalty for other players. Wilson cleaned up his act two season ago. I'd say the same for Marchand. Wilson didn't even crack the Top 20 for fights this season.

Inconsistent? For sure.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Actions where Wilson was suspended, don't even warrant a penalty for other players. Wilson cleaned up his act two season ago. I'd say the same for Marchand. Wilson didn't even crack the Top 20 for fights this season.

Inconsistent? For sure.
Marchand is still a dummy too...(this coming from a Bruins fan)...

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Anyone who would jump to defend the likes of Wilson/Marchand/Cooke is not a hockey fan. They are a Caps/Bruins/Penguins fan, and that is all.

If you grew up playing hockey, you understand why players like this are so disliked among other players and are targeted by the player safety department (often run by former players). They have a history of targeting other players with the INTENT TO INJURE. Which is not just wrong, it's also cowardly, unsporstmanlike, and detracts value from the game.

Players like this trade honor for notoriety and unfortunately it works, because like a street fight, fans can't look away and it's entertaining to watch. If you look at most players like this, if not for their history of dirty hits, their names wouldn't even be remembered, as they would be run of the mill 3rd/4th liners (Brad Marchand being an exception, as he is a very talented hockey player, which makes his behavior that much more frustrating to watch).

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Edmonton doesn’t have Oettinger. Edmonton is going to get smoked.
No, they have Mike Smith, who's save percentage is a whopping 0.015% lower than Oettinger and is no slouch. Plus he has the same name as the guy who played Bubbles on TPB. If that's not an omen for success I don't know what is.

FERp4VcXEAMP4Mp.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
All of this speculation regarding Calgary vs Edmonton is fun. But you chaps know as well as I do that this series will be completely unpredictable. Probably the hottest rivalry in hockey right now, anything can, and will, happen. One thing I would not be betting on is a sweep.

Reactions: Servant King

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Haha and it took Edmonton 7 to beat the Kings who finished a whopping 1 point ahead of Dallas. Just saying :ROFLMAO:
But the Kings were lagging toward the end of the season and finished 3 in the division.
All of this speculation regarding Calgary vs Edmonton is fun. But you chaps know as well as I do that this series will be completely unpredictable. Probably the hottest rivalry in hockey right now, anything can, and will, happen. One thing I would not be betting on is a sweep.

I will be doing Game time AMAs throughout the series LOL

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
ROUND 2 IS UNDERWAY, BOYS!!!!!! My wife and I have only had 2 fights about the amount of hockey on TV so far, too! She keeps pestering me with all this BS about "screens" and "obsession" and "you have a child you're supposed to be raising" and what not.

She'll come around. But that last one is not fair at all. I mean look at this stance! Not parenting my ass!

IMG_8814.JPEG