PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
I buy 95% of my tobacco from SP, as I live in Israel and the variety is limited and prices are high. Today I've founded a dunhill My Mixture 965 tin in a tobacco shop. Not Peterson, but Dunhill. See below front and back. The Hebrew label on the back writes the manufacturer as BAT I (British American Tobacco), and country of origin Denmark. Does Dunhill still manufacture in EU? Should I write to Pipestud? ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_221230.jpg
    IMG_20220516_221230.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220516_221223.jpg
    IMG_20220516_221223.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 20

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
No more Dunhill tobacco products, sadly. Don’t know if this was manufactured by BAT but they held the license for the Dunhill tobacco name. Probably STG. Cool find though. Not terribly old. When we were in Israel in 2011 I found a tin of Erinmore Balkan blend which I haven’t seen before or since. You never know what you may come across.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Someone can probably give you a better date range but I think Murray stopped making Dunhill blends in the early 2000s. Maybe 2005? Looks like BAT stopped being involved about 2017. I’m guessing it’s the later part of that.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I buy 95% of my tobacco from SP, as I live in Israel and the variety is limited and prices are high. Today I've founded a dunhill My Mixture 965 tin in a tobacco shop. Not Peterson, but Dunhill. See below front and back. The Hebrew label on the back writes the manufacturer as BAT I (British American Tobacco), and country of origin Denmark. Does Dunhill still manufacture in EU? Should I write to Pipestud? ?
BAT was the rights holder, STG was the manufacturer. When BAT decided to stop production of the Dunhill branded blends, STG bought manufacturing rights from BAT, but not the Dunhill name. The blend is the same, from the same production line, just with Peterson, which name STG owns, replacing Dunhill on the label.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
dunhill is not dunhill since the 80's... or maybe before.
Correct. Dunhill tobaccos haven’t been made since 1980 - 81, when manufacturing was outsourced to Murray’s and McConnell.
McConnell’s involvement was short lived while Murray’s lasted until 2006. Dunhill “branded” blends then went to Orlik and STG.
But to smokers who imprinted on these clones, it doesn’t matter. These are their Dunhill, and now Peterson, blends.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
One of my go to light English/Scottish blend very satisfying, never aged any for more then a year, I'm sure it'll be great. If you don't want it we can work something out on the other thread. Just kidding ( but not really though)?

Reactions: ofafeather

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
One of my go to light English/Scottish blend very satisfying, never aged any for more then a year, I'm sure it'll be great. If you don't want it we can work something out on the other thread. Just kidding ( but not really though)?
I want it. But the guy there has some more, as well as standard mixture and maybe night cap. It sells for around $23. I don't mind getting you some next time I get there. PM me if you're interested.