PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I hate it when articles are not dated. Since this one mentions Kramers as being in business it's several years old. And The Beverly Hills Pipe & Tobacco Company- seems out of business also, and I hadn't heard of it.

But thanks for posting!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks. So article is even older than I thought!
The Beverly Hills Pipe & Tobacco Company- was it a thing? Did you go there?
Nope. I didn't, and don't, spend much time in Beverly Hills, except to have the occasional meal at Nate and Al's. My tobacconists of choice were Gus' Smoke Shop, the Original Tinderbox, Century City Pipe shop and the Cigar Warehouse. I did visit Kramers a couple of times, as well as the Dunhill store on Rodeo Drive.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This Ebay seller, from North Hollywood, says he is getting out of the pipe restoration game. Is anyone familiar with him? (A member since 2000)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This Ebay seller, from North Hollywood, says he is getting out of the pipe restoration game. Is anyone familiar with him? (A member since 2000)

He's put up some very nice old Britwood at very high prices. Other than that, I have no other knowledge of him.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and ssjones

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I especially liked the pre-embargo Cuban cigars on display at Kramer’s. In addition to Kramer’s, there were a slew of tobacconists in Beverly Hills once upon a time: Beverly Hills Pipe & Tobacco, Philip Dane’s, Hamilton’s, Dunhill, Davidoff, Nazareth’s and Thomas Hinds. Unfortunately, all of the BH tobacconists are gone now, except Nazareth’s which is strictly a cigar shop and lounge.

Reactions: jpmcwjr