New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Update : so far Ampersand Flake and London Flake are my favorites. Ordered a pound of each. Also enjoyed No. 8 Slices and 150th Anniversary Flake, ordered 8 ounces of each. I think the 150th Anni could use some time in a jar as stated above.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
@AppalachianPiper92 ... Sounds like you have been enjoying your Peretti tasting experience. It's definitely good stuff! They are also known for their Thanksgiving Day blend that is released in late October every year. If you decide to get some when the time comes, I will caution that it for me that particular blend was disappointing at best fresh, but really came alive after a year of rest in a jar. Just wanted to mention that in advance. Having said that, I wasn't wowed by 150th flake at first, but I haven't tried it in again about 18 months, so sounds like it's time to do so as soon as I finish the Country Squire Shepherd's Pie that has been my nonstop blend lately...

Reactions: jerry

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not much on aromatics as a genre -- he said puffing away on some delicious GLP Barbary Coast with brandy -- but a Forums member sent me some Peretti Thanksgiving Day some years ago, and i smoked it up with pleasure. It was quite mild, but the tobacco was up front, and the flavoring was nuanced and pleasing, so the blend gave me an appreciation for what Peretti does.