PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of Low Country Pipe & Cigar Natural Virginia & Burley in a 2020 straight black sandblasted Merchant Service “Bing” Standard with a nickel band and black vulcanite tapered stem. Listening to Orson Welles and Keenan Wynn starring in The Most Dangerous Game.
Merchant_Service_Standard2020 copy.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That is a fantastic set up! A walrus pipe is on my bucket list. Great job!
@Tbaggins

One of those "odd" shapes that immediately appealed to me.
Surprisingly as I'm a stick-in-the-mud sort of person - Bulldogs and Billiards being the biggest part of my stash of pipes

These belong to a friend who has the most enviable collection of Danish pipes from the glory days of Pibe Dan and WO Larsen ??

image.jpg

Tbaggins

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2021
Montana
@Tbaggins

One of those "odd" shapes that immediately appealed to me.
Surprisingly as I'm a stick-in-the-mud sort of person - Bulldogs and Billiards being the biggest part of my stash of pipes

These belong to a friend who has the most enviable collection of Danish pipes from the glory days of Pibe Dan and WO Larsen ??

View attachment 144165
Wow! Fantastic collection, thanks for sharing! Tom Eltang had a couple on the Danish pipe shop not long ago. I need to keep an eye out again for one.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Had a fun Saturday ZOOM meeting with my buds. The main topics of conversation were the coming Chicago Show and the exciting announcement of the Las Vegas Show (West Coast Pipe Show) this Fall, organized by Brian Levine and David Peterson. Wow, what great news!
We talked so much, we could hardly keep our pipes lit.
I smoked some 1989 McClelland's No. 24 (a gift from Mike McNiel), in my 1960s Barling 5919 bent apple, with a saddle stem, a wonderful combination. Peach/Mango Green Tea with a splash of Honey Jack and some bergs quenched my thirst.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed Suzy and Molly, and spent the rest of the time making sure all three ferals ate because one of them was bullying Daisy because he wanted her food and not what I gave him, which was the same thing. Stripesy was content with his own plate, but then again, he got more than the others because he eats more than the others.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Sat down to enjoy some Aug 2017 C&D Yorktown I acquired from @leafsmoker ?
Smoking a KW Signet Apple I inherited from grandpa Mac.
And a cup of strong black Pu’erh tea.
View attachment 144066Wow! This almost 5-year-old Yorktown is absolutely amazing! From the char light thru mid-bowl there is this smooth, almost creamy sweetness with a hint of vanilla. It made me think of a good bread pudding. In the last half, the vanilla fades but remains subtly sweet and smooth.

Now I’m super excited about picking up this 9 ounces of Backy!
I am thinking about mixing some of this Virginia with a pinch of Perique and see what that goes.
I was lucky enough to buy some in SP, it is an amazing tobacco. Too bad you can't buy it in Europe. Now it is very expensive to buy anything from Spain to the US.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good afternoon boys and girls. We continue smoking with the fourth tobacco. mb: Virginia Flake, in a MM General pipe. Making some time before lunch, another typical Galician dish, Cooked octopus, with boiled potatoes, seasoned with olive oil and spicy paprika. I think that in some comment, my translator, instead of translating pipe, says seeds. Confuses sunflower seeds, with smoking pipe. Don't confuse fresh dog shit with a smoking pipe, though, you fucking translator of the devil. jack-nicholson-bored.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.