PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of a bowl left of C&D Warped St Espresso in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice apple meer with a tapered black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. As well as cleaning up review notes on this blend, I've been cleaning two estate pipes with stubborn ghosts. They're getting cleaner, but it's been tough work so far. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Royal_M_Lattice_Apple.jpg

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Great looking pipe Dave!
Have you made any of your stems from rod or is that something you are even interested in doing?
@LotusEater ,
Thanks man.
As a matter of fact, this is the first stem that I have made from rod stock. I have been ordering stems up until now and I decided to start making them since I now have a 3 jaw chuck for my lathe. I will say that I will not be using Cumberland rod again, even though I think it is beautiful. I think it stinks like rotten eggs ? when turning, filing and sanding and I will be using acrylic from now on ?

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
@LotusEater ,
Thanks man.
As a matter of fact, this is the first stem that I have made from rod stock. I have been ordering stems up until now and I decided to start making them since I now have a 3 jaw chuck for my lathe. I will say that I will not be using Cumberland rod again, even though I think it is beautiful. I think it stinks like rotten eggs ? when turning, filing and sanding and I will be using acrylic from now on ?
That’s awesome Dave
Wish I were blessed with your talent
Can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with next?

Status
Not open for further replies.