PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
Something new for us Red Virginia/Or/La lovers coming to SmokingPipes on April 8th.

Explore the depths with Loch Ness, the next exciting blend from Drucquer & Sons available April 8th only at Smokingpipes. Artfully developed by Gregory Pease, Loch Ness is a crumble plug mixture comprising ribbons of small leaf Oriental, smoky Cypriot Latakia, and rare Louisiana Perique, elevated by bright lemon and matured red Virginia tobaccos. Loch Ness is then pressed and aged in cakes to meld flavors, then cut into blocks. The tin aromas are deep and opulent with a hint of smoky zest.

“Destined to be drenched in folklore like its namesake, Loch Ness will soothe even the most ferocious beasts." - Gregory Pease

Drucquers & Sons, Loch Ness will rise from the depths for an April 8th release.

277516643_10159300252207746_3332815877171785110_n.jpg

Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
It’s a what now? Maybe I’ll smoke some in my briar cob meer.
crumble plug is actually fairly accurate.. for a long time, anytime C&D would advertise "plug" cut, you'd end up with a crumble cake that was only slightly more firm than a normal traditional crumble cake. I have no issues with the term crumble plug if that is what they want to call it.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
crumble plug is actually fairly accurate.. for a long time, anytime C&D would advertise "plug" cut, you'd end up with a crumble cake that was only slightly more firm than a normal traditional crumble cake. I have no issues with the term crumble plug if that is what they want to call it.
I just see these marketers falling all over themselves to get the word “plug” into the ad copy, a description they don’t seem to have earned.

Milleniumsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2020
Vietnam
I've tried everything else from that line except for 1st Amendment, I have to imagine it will be fantastic. I echo the other sentiments on here, though, I did a great job restraining my purchasing habits until I saw this . . .

This, gentleman, is the main reason I keep separate bank accounts with the gf......lol.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Got me excited and then I read latakia.:confused:
I think Mr. Pease loves Latakia as much as he loves his coffee beans burnt to a crisp. For my part, I (still) love Latakia in tobacco (maybe someday I'll get over it), but much prefer very light roasted coffee.

Changing tack a bit: I still don't understand the difference between Drucquer & Sons and *the rest* of the GLP's offerings. That said, this one looks intriguing: almost a kind of "C&D Folklore for Latakia-philes".

Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
Changing tack a bit: I still don't understand the difference between Drucquer & Sons and *the rest* of the GLP's offerings.
Drucquer & Sons was a famous smoke shop in England where Greg first started to learn his craft..

Last edited:
Reactions: fireground_piper

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Drucquer & Sons was a famous smoke shop in England where Greg first started to learn his craft..

I realize that much. But as I understand it, Pease recreated the blends after the shop ceased operations, and has now created at least two new blends (First Amendment and now Loch Ness). How did he decide to release these under Drucquer instead of GLP? That’s basically what I’m wondering.