Will Bing’s Favorite Stem Fit Another Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Sam Adebayo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

3dogpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2022
New York, New England
I just broke my BF and wondered if I could at least save the stem and get another pipe that could accept the BF stem. Mine didn’t have the golf club.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Dang. OK. I think I’m done buying new pipes until I can learn to behave with one.
Stuff happens, lol. I wouldn’t get too discouraged but maybe some modestly priced pipes are in your future. Lots and lots of decent $50-100 pipes out there and I’ve enjoyed more than a few basket pipes that didn’t break the bank!

3dogpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2022
New York, New England
I’ve broken a special few beyond repair. It sucks, but they’re others pipes in the sea. Easy way to get over it is to go ahead a peruse one of your favorite on-line pipe retailers. ??☕
Good advice.
Stuff happens, lol. I wouldn’t get too discouraged but maybe some modestly priced pipes are in your future. Lots and lots of decent $50-100 pipes out there and I’ve enjoyed more than a few basket pipes that didn’t break the bank!
Literally bought the first pipe in the trade section here for that reason. The Lil’ B is mine:) thanks SC!

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yeah, whacking a pencil shank pipe too hard will definitely increase the risk of breaking the stem. Same with churchwardens.

Probably easier (certainly better) to loosen the tobacco with a pipe tool and dump.

Don’t be discouraged! Buy another pipe - maybe treat yourself to a new one for IPSD!!! If you want to feel assured buy a chunky pipe. If you can break a Sav 320 or pretty much any Peterson I believe there’s a special emotional support group where you can meet the other two gorillas who broke theirs. ???

3dogpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2022
New York, New England
Yeah, whacking a pencil shank pipe too hard will definitely increase the risk of breaking the stem. Same with churchwardens.

Probably easier (certainly better) to loosen the tobacco with a pipe tool and dump.

Don’t be discouraged! Buy another pipe - maybe treat yourself to a new one for IPSD!!! If you want to feel assured buy a chunky pipe. If you can break a Sav 320 or pretty much any Peterson I believe there’s a special emotional support group where you can meet the other two gorillas who broke theirs. ???
1645022530890.png

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes with long slender stems are more fragile. For kicking around, shorter pipes, nose warmers, are better, especially with thick shanks and stems. Save the long stems for contemplative smokes in your smoking place.

Reactions: 3dogpiper

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Well, the carvers could easily put a delron tenon down the middle of the pipe stem. But they didn't and now you have a problem. There are guys who will repair a broken stem for you if you ask. Not a lot of guys out there do this though. Be sure to ask them is they can make the repair so you can not see it with the naked eye. If they say no to this then move on to the next guy.

Reactions: anotherbob

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Is it a savinelli? If so, you can definetly fit it in other savinelli pipes. Both 6 and 9 mm tenons seem to be interchangable.

Reactions: 3dogpiper