PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
St Bruno RR in a Roadtown bent apple. I feel like this pouch of St Bruno is the wettest tobacco I've ever smoked. I packed a bowl last night that I never got around to smoking, so I had it for breakfast today and it still barely stayed lit and it felt like it was steaming my tongue. So bizarre.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
@JOHN72 I’m certainly feeling the cold wind ? I hope you and your wife are feeling better.
Hugs from Scotland ???????
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
Thank you for your warm words. Yes, my wife has already improved a lot. Oh yes, it is true that feeling of freshness and cleanliness. I love it when I get a close shave. A big hug my dear friend.

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
I guess it makes sense to break in this pipe on the Birthday Weekend—this is another one of those cases where I kept returning to smokingpipes.com and found myself gawking at this pipe repeatedly (Weeks? Months? I can't recall.) Its graceful curves, perfect roundness, and grain made me want to keep looking at it. I'd seen some Meerschaum pipes that came close in shape, but none with such a low profile. I remember being on the subway back in November looking at it when the site had some huge discount, which ultimately made me pull the trigger. I didn't plan on spending this much on a pipe, but, I knew I'd forever regret not getting it. I could easily see myself hunting for it, or one like it, for years to come if I didn't get it (at least I learned something useful from all those years of collecting rare books that could be applied to other things). Not intending it to be a pricey sculpture that just sits on a shelf, it's time to initiate it and smoke it.

Having Esoterica Pembroke (2021) in a Todd Johnson Smooth Tomato (Hoplite).

After its purchase, I tried writing to Todd Johnson to see if he might have any original sketches of this pipe he'd be willing to part with—I wrote to him via his personal site, but, didn't hear back—I wonder if I should try via BriarWorks instead.

View attachment 128409

View attachment 128410

View attachment 128411

View attachment 128412
That is a beauty! I hope it provides you with many years of great smokes. I also collect rare books and I can definitely say that with books, as well as pipes, there are many I regret not buying but not one, pipe or book, that I DO regret buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.