Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
HH Old Dark Fired in Rattray's Goblin

View attachment 117946
@SmokeRings79 I enjoyed the Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; as a dark and strong flake it seems very well suited to clay pipe smoking. Not half as strong as the Rustica though; @samuelgawith01 says this Redcoat will have to sit down to smoke his clay pipe of Rustica and not expect to hit the target with his musket after smoking it:)

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
@SmokeRings79 I enjoyed the Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; as a dark and strong flake it seems very well suited to clay pipe smoking. Not half as strong as the Rustica though; @samuelgawith01 says this Redcoat will have to sit down to smoke his clay pipe of Rustica and not expect to hit the target with his musket after smoking it:)
I'll take your word, and will give it a shot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Motzek (TAK) Virginia Cake in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Giuliani. Been mylaring tobacco.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
It’s an interesting mix of burley and perique that almost has a fizz to its taste. I really like it, but those that don’t like it, really hate it. To me, it’s a spotlight on the perique.
For me it’s the nutty sweetness of the burley/Virginias interplay that has me. The condimental addition of the perique dives in and out periodically with a deliciously sweet spice. Many find this blend cigarettish. My 20s & 30s were spent smoking Marlboro Reds, so it definitely appeals to me. My all day/everyday blend. ?☕

Status
Not open for further replies.