Guess Who's Dehydrated From Severe Food Poisoning?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Get well soon man, I don't know this restaurant other than a reference in The Wolf of Wall Street, I understand it is teppanyaki, so bit like grilling, ie foods won't be well-done. Attempting to eat any leftovers from partly cooked meat is asking for trouble!

I had NASTY food poisoning ca 15 years ago from homemade mayonnaise, never touched any uncooked egg product ever since! Also a few parasite news stories ruined sushi for me for ever, can't touch the stuff now.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I would never eat at a hibachi place … ever. This is the type of shit they do there. The people who work at these types of restaurants are from the same group of islands (usually) and they all do this with food. It’s disgusting.

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!!! I’ve learned my lesson and only eat at a select few places anymore. ?

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Sorry you are so sick! Not fun.

I used to work on the South Side of Chicago, and we often went out for meals and it was part of the fun to find the nastiest dives for lunch. Often the food, sometimes made on hot plates in a shack, was amazingly good. However, every so often one (or more) of us would come down with an ugly case of food poisoning. If it only happened once a year we would say we weren't trying hard enough.... (This doctrine is not necessarily recommended.)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Food poisoning is serious. It's not just some hours on the toilet. It can affect key organs like the kidneys and the liver. The one time to be profligate and hurl dubious food in the trash is if you have any suspicions. It just isn't worth the false thrift or the yin to snack. Don't stop with sniffing. If you know it might not be right, drop it in the wet trash.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It has always interested me that various animals, like vultures and carrion eaters of many kinds have digestive bacteria that handle human food poisoning with ease. Spoilage in dead animals that would kill people in an hour is milk and honey to the stomachs of turkey vultures, etc. It's just yummy to them. That stink just draws them in from a mile away like the smell of fresh baked bread. I don't much like seeing vultures, but I have to respect their adaptations and ability to clean up our world. As my uncle said, when he dragged the occasional stray dead calf or deer carcass to the far corner of his acreage with his tractor, "The vultures have never let me down."

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This idiot:

View attachment 115872

4 days in Mexico drinking like a maniac and eating questionable things? No problem.

Leftover microwavable Benihana entree? Near death experience and down for 4 days.

Thought I was going to die the first night sitting on the can while holding a bucket.

Another 3 nights of misery.

Tonight I got a liter of fluid with a shot of something to stop the nausea and a prescription for antibiotics.
since we haven't heard from you here. I am assuming the worst. Which is that you've been locked in the toilet and only noticed hours later.

• Haha
Reactions: shanez and kurtbob