PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
“One of the things [Uncle Alex] found objectionable about human beings was that they so rarely noticed it when they were happy. He himself did his best to acknowledge it when times were sweet. We could be drinking lemonade in the shade of an apple tree in the summertime, and Uncle Alex would interrupt the conversation to say, “If this isn’t nice, what is?”

So I hope that you will do the same for the rest of your lives. When things are going sweetly and peacefully, please pause a moment, and then say out loud, “If this isn’t nice, what is?”

~ Kurt Vonnegut

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave. Ernest Hemingway.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.” J.R.R. Tolkien

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
“The enemy is the great and eternal adversary of mankind.

And if we demonize our brothers, our comrades-in-arms, do we not precisely call that dread spirit forth?

Have we not yet learned?”

~ Dr. Jordan Peterson

Reactions: Bengel

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
"A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness."
~ Albert Einstein

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I’ve always found there to be great truth and power in pithy quotes and sayings. What are some of your favorites? Allow me to start the conversation:

“ He who will not give himself leisure to be thirsty can never find the true pleasure of drinking.” ~ Michel de Montaigne
“ LORD. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off “
Author unknown.

• Haha
Reactions: gamzultovah

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Your competition is not other people but:

- The time you kill,
- The ill will you create,
- The knowledge you neglect to learn,
- The connections you fail to build,
- The health you sacrifice along the path,
- Your inability to generate ideas,
- The people around you who don't support and love your efforts,
- And whatever god you curse for your bad luck.

~ James Altucher

Reactions: Bengel

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Your competition is not other people but:

- The time you kill,
- The ill will you create,
- The knowledge you neglect to learn,
- The connections you fail to build,
- The health you sacrifice along the path,
- Your inability to generate ideas,
- The people around you who don't support and love your efforts,
- And whatever god you curse for your bad luck.

~ James Altucher
Ouch, thanks for this, bro!