PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AlphaFlamingo

Lurker
Nov 24, 2021
Was wondering if this is a burnout. Am new to pipe smoking and was wondering if this was actually a burnout or if it’s still good to smoke out of?5F76C3BE-9BDB-4806-A8CD-E2DE388239AB.jpeg

AlphaFlamingo

Lurker
Nov 24, 2021
Was just making sure. I saw a little indentation at the bottom of the bowl and wasn’t sure if that was a burnout or not

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Smoke it. You will know pretty quick if it is burn out. I think you are ok...

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Smoke it. What's the worst thing that can happen? Hope you had kids already.
Why there is a surplus of kids already. And if pipe smoking effected such things I wouldn't have to be so careful.
Ah alright I didn’t know that thank you for the advice!
Yeah that's why we are here. And also to stave off the ever encroaching boredom of modern life.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
You'll know you have a burnout when a gob of lit tobacco drops in your lap.

Years ago I had a customer in my store who wanted to take up pipe smoking. He only want the "best" pipe and tobacco. I sold him a new Castello. A week later he came in and showed me the Castello had a hole burned right through near the bottom. I gave him a new pipe and advised him against puffing too hard or smoking in the wind. In about another week he came in and it was the same thing again. I tried to discuss it with him but he was irate that I had sold him "defective" pipes. I told him I had smoked Castellos for over 35 years and had never had a burnout, or even heard of one. Finally, I gave him a refund and told him I would not sell him any more guaranteed pipes. I never saw him again. Good riddance. puffy

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
You'll know you have a burnout when a gob of lit tobacco drops in your lap.

Years ago I had a customer in my store who wanted to take up pipe smoking. He only want the "best" pipe and tobacco. I sold him a new Castello. A week later he came in and showed me the Castello had a hole burned right through near the bottom. I gave him a new pipe and advised him against puffing too hard or smoking in the wind. In about another week he came in and it was the same thing again. I tried to discuss it with him but he was irate that I had sold him "defective" pipes. I told him I had smoked Castellos for over 35 years and had never had a burnout, or even heard of one. Finally, I gave him a refund and told him I would not sell him any more guaranteed pipes. I never saw him again. Good riddance. puffy
I hope you told him brûlée torches aren’t recommended for pipes lol. Bummer this happened and hope you didn’t eat too much $$.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob