PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
D

Danpiper

I burned the hole then used a key to open the stem hole on the inside now its wider and super tight screwed on have u ever expanded one

Reactions: Briar Lee

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
You inadvertently expanded the tenon. If you heat it up gently, it should return to it's original diameter or close. Best way to open a stem airway is with a tapered 5/32" drillbit. You don't have to worry about the tenon expanding this way.

D

Danpiper

I am wondering if he means the tenon was too small,and he heated it and used a key in the drilling to expand the tenon

the statement is not very clear
Yes tenon didn't know it was called that lol

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"Stem hole" is. ambiguous. It could be the mortise, or the airway through the tenon.

If you learn the few words of nomenclature of a pipe, it'd be much clearer.

In any event, applying fire to anything but the tobacco is generally a rotten idea.

I have deleted duplicate photos.

D

Danpiper

"Stem hole" is. ambiguous. It could be the mortise, or the airway through the tenon.

If you learn the few words of nomenclature of a pipe, it'd be much clearer.

In any event, applying fire to anything but the tobacco is generally a rotten idea.

I have deleted duplicate photos.
Sorry bud im not very familiar with the names i mean tenon

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As I wrote: "If you learn the few words of nomenclature of a pipe, it'd be much clearer."

So, bud, that's on you to take five minutes to do the work.

And
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

D

Danpiper

Its not that serious im leavin this site soon i have asked to close my account