PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I just have to say I really like five brothers pipe tobacco. Like I've always liked it but as my technique gets better I like it even more. So do they have a sister as in if I love that stuff any other recommendations?
I wish I knew, I love Five Brothers. It gets a bad rap for being monochromatic. I mean, it is but there are definitely some nuances there to find, and my palate is by no means expert. I think when you get enough of those birdseyes it really opens up in terms of flavor. And nicotine. I have some five brothers that is almost 2 years old and it definitely gets more flavorful. What exactly are you looking for in a "sister" blend?

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I just have to say I really like five brothers pipe tobacco. Like I've always liked it but as my technique gets better I like it even more. So do they have a sister as in if I love that stuff any other recommendations?
Actually, come to think of it you might like Gawith and Hoggarth Dark Birdseye. It's the same cut, similar strength level, and has a very, very, very light flavoring. I find it is actually kind of feminine. Kendal Dark is similar too. Those are the only sisters I can think of, and they're fine ladies ;)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thanks that's awesome. Oh what I was looking for is just more along the lines if you like this blend what else should you try. Funny both the ones you recommend are ones I was thinking might be worth a shot.
I also agree it's not a one trick pony type of blend. It's got nuances. It to me seems like a blend you have to smoke slightly differently then a lot of other cuts. But once you figure that out it really opens up.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It's funny I have trouble considering it an otc. It's not what I think of when I think otc. I think the only other OTC I really like is Sail Yellow which is on the total opposite side of the spectrum.
Yeah, I feel you. It has a much more natural taste than most "OTC" blends.

Reactions: anotherbob