Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I’ve been stocking up on tobaccos, using the excuse the taxes might go up.

One of my online purchases was 3 ounces of Luxury Twist Flake, which came to about $3 an ounce when combined with other orders.

Here’s the description:

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake is a wonderful, all-Virginia flake made in a singular way. Virginias are layered with a smooth added essence and rolled into ropes which are then placed into a form and firmly pressed. After pressing, the block is sliced for easy preparation. This is a smooth, mellow, slightly sweet flake that any Virginia lover will enjoy

——

There are about 12 square coins per ounce, and two coins fill a medium pipe.

This is a sweet, citrus tasting, long burning, classic Virginia smoke.

It makes you feel like you’re royalty selecting a couple of coins and rubbing them out, and filling your pipe.

A pound of this costs about $50, or about what the proposed tax a pound will be, if it passes.

But today, you can smoke this wonderful, top shelf Virginia pressed flake for about fifty cents a pipeful.

I think we’ve taken for granted, how cheap good tobacco really is.

B7A53AA0-4F9E-42C8-8D89-CA6B55F76900.jpeg5DF25F19-2A6D-4FEB-9E70-012337276F40.jpeg9791D365-348B-4666-A5F4-841502137697.jpeg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I have always thought this is the prettiest flake on the market, a little sweeter than I smoke every day, but a very nice smoke regardless.

I also won this large briar pipe, obviously bench made, with a rubbed out name, for $27 on eBay. The briar used to make this pretty bauble cost about that.

With a one inch bowl, it would probably take four coins of Luxury Twist, and you’d spend a dollar for a long, luxurious smoke.

How long has it been since the largest of good hand rolled cigars, were a dollar?

Or a huge hand made pipe, less than $30?

As they said long ago, smoke em’ if you got em’

7A9FA1B0-2FD3-447D-ACBC-E01A2443A29F.jpeg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I haven't smoked this for a few weeks, this must be a sign to light up a bowl later tonight.

Nice write up as usual @Briar Lee , I love the optimism in your posts puffy.
The pricing of bulk stokkebye blends makes me feel that they respect their customers, in that they could put it all in tins and charge twice as much per ounce - and it would still be good value.
Although if we keep mentioning it maybe they will up the price a little, so I'll stop here.

The pouch/bag note of this one made me ball up a little of that succulent Flake and chew on it when I first got it.. Haven't done that again cray

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
I’ve been stocking up on tobaccos, using the excuse the taxes might go up.

One of my online purchases was 3 ounces of Luxury Twist Flake, which came to about $3 an ounce when combined with other orders.

Here’s the description:

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake is a wonderful, all-Virginia flake made in a singular way. Virginias are layered with a smooth added essence and rolled into ropes which are then placed into a form and firmly pressed. After pressing, the block is sliced for easy preparation. This is a smooth, mellow, slightly sweet flake that any Virginia lover will enjoy

——

There are about 12 square coins per ounce, and two coins fill a medium pipe.

This is a sweet, citrus tasting, long burning, classic Virginia smoke.

It makes you feel like you’re royalty selecting a couple of coins and rubbing them out, and filling your pipe.

A pound of this costs about $50, or about what the proposed tax a pound will be, if it passes.

But today, you can smoke this wonderful, top shelf Virginia pressed flake for about fifty cents a pipeful.

I think we’ve taken for granted, how cheap good tobacco really is.

View attachment 102153View attachment 102154View attachment 102155
Oh yes one of my favorites. It is so elegant in appearance and pouch note that you feel guilty to smoke it A true nirvana blend for me personally. Love it.

Reactions: JLD66 and Brendan