PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
After sufficient rumination, I am prepared to share my experience.

I only have maybe 15 to 20 briars, and maybe 10 or so cobs. I do believe in resting the pipe for a day or two between smokes, and when I first started, I did not have enough pipes to rotate. Bit by bit, I added more pipes. Once I got to around 15 or 20 briars, I no longer felt my enjoyment was hampered by a lack of pipes, and I have not bought another pipe since.

None of this has been intentional, and I do plan to buy more pipes. I just haven't gotten to it yet. The last time I bought a pipe was 2018. What I would really love is to have a limited collection of very nice pipes and to toss out most of my knockaround basket pipes that I still smoke.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Rotate or to spin. Back in the 80s, in some circle, telling a young lady to "sit and spin, baby!" was a terms of endearment. Now? You can possibly lose your job, friends, and family. But "sit and rotate, baby!" just doesn't have the right ring to it.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I keep it simple - some are dedicated to aros, others to non-aros.

Who knows maybe someday I’ll commission a pipe for a specific blend like some others do here. But for now I don’t think about it too much.

Perhaps the only other decision point is the bowl size for how long I want to sit with a pipe.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Sometimes I walk around aimlessly in circles muttering to myself while smoking a pipe. Does that count, Jesse? Is that an official “rotation”? Or qualify as a rumination? If I walk counterclockwise in a room (#8) (presumably in a nation) (but only after having ate / eaten) that is rotating does it even count even if I’m ruminating on serious matters?? Please advise STAT!

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
My collection is small....one for every day of the week.

WP-20210403-010.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
Unless my pipes start a revolution, rotation is not a thing for me. RUMINATE ON THAT YA COMMIES! Sorry, had a bit of my own communist revolution rumination.

Reactions: coldbowl57