PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Good night folks!!! after the magnificent dinner with the family to finish this important day in my life, it's not every day you turn half a century, we are going to enjoy a movie with the family, we haven't decided yet.

I had planned to release a pipe but it is still on the way, it has not arrived, so I will have to wait a little, but as it seems that there is no happy birthday without "breaking" a pipe, I did not know which one to choose for the occasion of a few that I have without "breaking", I decided to give the choice to my wife and daughter, curiously, both, separately, chose the same ... they are very "synchronized" ... that almost scares me a little ....

So, "breaking" this Le Nuvole Troncheto 6 Clouds with a freshly opened tin 2010 Marlin Flake

View attachment 93514
Happy 50th. Gus!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Now on to another bowl of D&R Athey in this James Upshall P Billiard. It's a nice, light fairly monotoned Virginia. TR says "An all Virginia tobacco. It has a complex 3 layers of flavors: an earthy plummy molasses layer, followed by a scotch/drambuie note, and finished with a light botanical topping." Not quite sure where they got that. I don't taste Scotch or Drambuie. As for the light botanical topping, it's not there either. Maybe the guy who wrote that tripped on the lawn and got some grass in his pipe.

d733252d-f82c-4f16-a077-292b8ddf6239-jpeg.93505

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Low Country Pipe & Cigar Natural Virginia & Burley in a 2020 straight black sandblasted Merchant Service “Bing” Standard with a nickel band and black vulcanite tapered stem. The rain finally showed up, and it's fierce! Daisy was on the deck, so I let her in. Dunno where the other feral cats are, but I couldn't let them in anyway because Suzy and Molly don't like other cats. Daisy stays out of their way when I do let her in, and doesn't cause trouble.
Merchant_Service_Standard2020 copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.