Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just finished a bowl of Dorchester in a Barling's Canadian. A challenge to light it by the lake, but oh what a relaxing evening.
@Western Isles When I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle Dad says that I spent most of the time trying to light my clay; it was so windy ?️!
Another forum member says "I bet once you got it lit, you finished it up in record time with that wind keeping it stoked!":)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just fed Suzy and Molly, and finished smoking year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in a 2018 smooth straight flame grain Basil Meadows Merchant Service "Bing" replica with an aluminum band and black ebonite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
basil_2018_BIng copy.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I enjoyed a 60/40 mix of Full Virginia Flake and University Flake in my clay.
Unlike halfdan, I spent nearly two hours luxuriating in the backyard, talking with my wife, playing with the pups, listening to the sounds of nature, phoning a friend, and sipping Peach/Mango Green Tea with a shot of Honey Jack, all the while tamping and relighting my smoke.
It was a beautiful afternoon.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I enjoyed a 60/40 mix of Full Virginia Flake and University Flake in my clay.
Unlike halfdan, I spent nearly two hours luxuriating in the backyard, talking with my wife, playing with the pups, listening to the sounds of nature, phoning a friend, and sipping Peach/Mango Green Tea with a shot of Honey Jack, all the while tamping and relighting my smoke.
It was a beautiful afternoon.
@dino 24 minutes is a record for me; 5-10 minutes is usual. How did you do it - I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last!!!
I enjoyed the Full Virginia Flake in my clay pipe and didn't speed smoke it!

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
@dino 24 minutes is a record for me; 5-10 minutes is usual. How did you do it - I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last!!!
@halfdan sip don’t puff and take your time. Your bowls will last a lot longer ?
Happy slow smokes
Ettrick puffer

Status
Not open for further replies.