PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
McClelland Tawny Flake in a Stanwell 86.

@sablebrush52 I'm down to the last two bowls or so in the tin. Having been open for 17 months, it's now at a perfect dryness! :LOL:

Drying in the tin this slowly almost seems more like a "curing" than drying. All of the initial MC red difficulties have vanished. As long as a civilized cadence is maintained, it is an impeccable smoke.

Thanks again!

1624820272576.jpeg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

CUYgFIo.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of Motzek (TAK) Virginia Cake in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Guiliani. Getting ready to Zoom with some friends.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Just cracked a tin of Sarto
Well it begins quite rough - at first I thought it was a mess
as you smoke it you can really appreciate the Orientals in there - it really grows on you
it's a really forward sour and burley balkan - not as light as it was marketed
I also didn't taste much cigar leaf but it must be in there because this thing is a nicotine monster
with that said it's excellent

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Just cracked a tin of Sarto
Well it begins quite rough - at first I thought it was a mess
as you smoke it you can really appreciate the Orientals in there - it really grows on you
it's a really forward sour and burley balkan - not as light as it was marketed
I also didn't taste much cigar leaf but it must be in there because this thing is a nicotine monster
with that said it's excellent
I think Sarto is one that actually doesn’t have any cigar leaf. The nic might be from the Perique.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
While contemplating on what I should bid for a Barling on eBay my cat made the decision for me and reached out with his paw and hit “confirm bid”. I cringed because I had entered far more than I was actually prepared to pay, fortunately it worked out ok. My Chim isn’t as dumb as he likes to pretend, either that or he was trying to screw me over, I wouldn’t put it past him.

Anyway I’m celebrating my win with a bowl from the Odds and Sods tin of aro mixes in my Peterson 312, I really don’t use this fantastic pipe enough. image.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson Royal Yacht in a Savinelli straight apple rusticated Venere I won in the PM/SP cartoon caption contest in days of yore, along with a Savinelli t-shirt I wear regularly. Royal Yacht is the most burley-like Virginia blend to me, although that is probably just me. This is a great pipe, good to clench, and looks almost new after years of steady smoking.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
While contemplating on what I should bid for a Barling on eBay my cat made the decision for me and reached out with his paw and hit “confirm bid”. I cringed because I had entered far more than I was actually prepared to pay, fortunately it worked out ok. My Chim isn’t as dumb as he likes to pretend, either that or he was trying to screw me over, I wouldn’t put it past him.

Anyway I’m celebrating my win with a bowl from the Odds and Sods tin of aro mixes in my Peterson 312, I really don’t use this fantastic pipe enough. View attachment 86309
Sounds like my three cats. They're plotting my death and my two dogs just love me for my recliner. rotf

Status
Not open for further replies.