PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
One of the last cigars I smoked was a Don Carlos Lancero and that is one of the best cigars ever produced. If you can ever find one grab it as is one of the finest cigars out there. My other favorite is a Cuban Partagas Conniseur no. 1 and a Trinidad Fundadores. I smoked mostly thin cigars as I prefer smoking cigars that have a high wrapper to filler ratio.
Jealous as hell. Never got a chance to try the Partagas du Connoisseurs.

Excellent, I’ve all but given up on Cubans at the moment although I think I will invest in some of the Lusitania’s and similar flagship cigars from other brands to age long term whilst I enjoy my pipe/s. The oldest in my humidor is a RyJ Churchill from 2009.

Will save them for certain milestones down the line.
Glad to hear the weather and cigar were very well behaved:)

50 plus rums :oops: I’ve only just gotten back into rum lately, but I think just like pipe tobacco I have fallen in love again:LOL:.

Cheers to her majesty ?
I haven't as much experience with Cubans as some of the other guys here, but my two boxes of Lusitanias, 10 counts from two different vendors, both performed pretty flawlessly. They're cigars I would feel pretty confident "investing" in, at least until I start hearing otherwise... So I say go for it! I definitely agree it qualifies as one of the iconic, flagship cigars from Cuba.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Jealous as hell. Never got a chance to try the Partagas du Connoisseurs.

I haven't as much experience with Cubans as some of the other guys here, but my two boxes of Lusitanias, 10 counts from two different vendors, both performed pretty flawlessly. They're cigars I would feel pretty confident "investing" in, at least until I start hearing otherwise... So I say go for it! I definitely agree it qualifies as one of the iconic, flagship cigars from Cuba.
Why stop now? Time for another box?

Why did you refer to the Partagas when the OP said it was a Don Carlos?

Right now in a desert of cigars I would find both a fatty as good as a thinner gauge cigar. When I quit I was favoring the Lonsdale.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
2006 Torano Noventa 90 Perfecto. I had several boxes of these years back, I thought they were all gone. Digging around in the humidor today and I found some more. I love these...!

3-BE9-F371-C71-F-486-E-B3-AD-8-C0-D65-D440-C0.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
One of the last cigars I smoked was a Don Carlos Lancero and that is one of the best cigars ever produced. If you can ever find one grab it as is one of the finest cigars out there. My other favorite is a Cuban Partagas Conniseur no. 1 and a Trinidad Fundadores. I smoked mostly thin cigars as I prefer smoking cigars that have a high wrapper to filler ratio.
Sadly the Cubans have jumped onto the bandwagon of large ring gauge sticks and the Partagas Connoisseur No 1 and Trinidad Fundadores are no longer produced.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Why stop now? Time for another box?

Why did you refer to the Partagas when the OP said it was a Don Carlos?

Right now in a desert of cigars I would find both a fatty as good as a thinner gauge cigar. When I quit I was favoring the Lonsdale.
He also mentioned the Partagas as another favorite. I'm not as jealous about the Don Carlos... I can have one of those any time I have the money to buy one. Not sure if they'll release lanceros or not again as I would like to try one of those... but I like all the other sizes I've tried anyway.

Now smoking H. Upmann No. 2. I think the box code was MEG MAY 17, but I'm too lazy to get up and look. ?

20210613_184658.jpg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
20210614_155330.jpg20210614_155619.jpg
Lazy afternoon cigar, some machine made thing I got for free from somebody who must have got them duty free somewhere, no idea what the brand is but guessing Dutch/Indonesian ?
Nice retrohale and aroma, taste is fine but has the usual acidic and bitter aftertaste you get with dry cigars, definitely needs a strong coffee or tea to cleanse the palate, but not bad for the price I paid.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.