PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I wish the other sizes were as rich and delicious as the Reyes. The box I just finished was from 2017, and they were pretty good ROTT (right off the truck) and got even better over the subsequent 4 years. My experiences with Fundadores and La Trova have not been bad, but not as good either. Maybe those need age.

Now smoking an Oliva Serie V with a cafecito.

View attachment 83434

Thanks for your thoughts! This was my first Reyes and it definitely was outstanding - also compared to the other Trinidad vitolas that I had. So I will stick to the Reyes now!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I wish the other sizes were as rich and delicious as the Reyes. The box I just finished was from 2017, and they were pretty good ROTT (right off the truck) and got even better over the subsequent 4 years. My experiences with Fundadores and La Trova have not been bad, but not as good either. Maybe those need age.

Now smoking an Oliva Serie V with a cafecito.

View attachment 83434
Historically, the Fundadores was a cigar that needed a good 10 years to open up, but I've read recent reviews about them being good right away. I suspect Cuba has started cooking the tobacco for most of their blends to make them ready to smoke sooner.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 MEG MAY 16
SS1CTpTl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.