PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Well, I can’t taste or smell and it’s like someone beat me with a baseball bat. Test is positive, so, I isolate and hope for the best. No fever, no cough and no congestion as of yet - so, I’ll count those as positives.

Plan to peruse the forum when I’m awake, but sadly no what am I smoking today. Can’t taste or smell shit. Optimistic about the whole thing - but, still some unnerving things.

I’m new to forum, but enjoying it. Fun place with good people. When my taste returns, I’m pretty sure my first bowl will be bayou morning. I love that shit!

Anyway, my absence isn’t for hate, just due course. Cheers and keep the embers going.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sorry to hear the taste buds are gone for a while. I hope you get rid of it quickly.
If I am being to personal just tell me to mind my own business. How did you get it? I got my J&J shot a few weeks ago. There are thousands upon thousands of places to get the shot and they are always free.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the current medical opinion is, if you have or have had Covid, get the vaccination if you haven't. This bolsters the body's immune response and is insurance against worsening symptoms. If this is a breakthrough case, meaning you've had the vaccine, it should protect you, mostly. Hospitalizations after vaccination are rare. You sound calm and rational, and I hope you get feeling better, and get your senses of taste and smell back soon. In time for us all to get boosters all around. Stay in touch.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
My family came down with it in March/April. Sickest my wife and I have ever been. Miraculously, I never lost my sense of smell and taste - which has been a tremendous blessing that has enabled me to continue enjoying my pipes and cigars. My wife, on the other hand, still doesn't have her smell and taste back.

I hope you stay in good health and recover soon!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
10,000 iu vitamin D, vitamin C, Zinc. If you have had, or are going to have any blood work, inquire about your vit D level, measured in ng/ml. It has a lot to do with how your immune system works. Most people, without knowing it, have deficient or insufficient levels of vit D. My two cents. I'm not a medical professional.

PS I like that Morel mushroom! Take care, and I hope you are well soon.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Wishing you a speedy recovery... plenty of fluids, Gatorade with electrolytes and vit C. Not sure about the crabs though.. expensive, especially if you can't taste them. I used to swear by the zicam, but people were loosing their smell because of the zinc so they changed the formula, and got lawsuits so nix that. But it was great to stop the buggers in your nose....

Reactions: OzPiper
Status
Not open for further replies.