PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We bought a house in Florida and live there half the time now. So we’re selling our larger house in Indiana to take advantage of the market. Which means the cellar has to move.

i spent about 8 hours prepping the mason jar cellar. Those totes are also the heaviest. I spent zero hours prepping the Mylar portion and tins. I have no concern about those breaking while being transported. They’re lighter, easier to stack and take up less space.

Moral of the story? if I had it all to do over again, I’d mostly package bulk in Mylar bags and what mason jars I use would be small 1/2 pint.

Oct 7, 2016
I agree with you. I’m just thinking of all the hundreds and hundreds of empty jars I’ll have as I work my way through my cellar. Guess I’ll have to start making jelly and pickle anything worth pickling. I have way too many jars.
I sold empty mason jars late last summer/early fall after I had transferred the contents to Mylar. Stores were mostly out of jars. I got pretty much full retail. I had bought most on sale in previous years.

Oct 7, 2016
Seal. Do not vacuum. Oxygen is needed for the aerobic aging.
If you like oxidation, oxygen is needed.?

Aerobic aging, anerobic aging, one might be better than the other for you. As long as the tobacco is in smokeable condition years down the road, you are ahead of the game.

Everytime someone mentions aerobic aging, I can’t help it that mental images of little tobacco molecules in sweat suits keep appearing.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

Aerobic aging, anerobic aging, one might be better than the other for you. As long as the tobacco is in smokeable condition years down the road, you are ahead of the game.

Everytime someone mentions aerobic aging, I can’t help it that mental images of little tobacco molecules in sweat suits keep appearing.
Jazzercise Tabak

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I'm just going off of what Greg Pease and other reported experts have written. I know it was a big enough task and PITA to pack what I have in jars and mylar without adding vacuum sealing to the equation. To me, the aerobic adding makes sense. I've opened enough jars that are 3 to 11 years old, that weren't vacuum sealed, to see the results were favorable. Optimum? Treated like it but I can't say for certain. Optimum enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.