PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeLoverInPA

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2020
PipeLoverInPa,

Not only is the grain fantastic, the stem-shank transition looks perfectly smooth and seamless.
Which can't be said about every rhodesian/bulldog out there.
Absolutely beautiful pipe!

Yes sir ree..........Jack's engineering skills, and the application of them, are as good as his artistic eye. I've seen Jack's photos, and talked to him about the the processes from time to time. The man is a perfectionist.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I love some of the shapes to look at. But I’m such a traditional shape guy, it’s hurts my brain, but are they gorgeous.

I have one Howell. It’s as good as my Aldens. Can’t ask for more.
That's how I am too. I can tell he's an amazing artist, but I'd never want one. Too nice and non traditional for my blood.

Reactions: ofafeather

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
After seeing a few of Jack's pipes on the "What Are You Smoking" thread, I started searching around the forum and found this thread. Sent Jack an email immediately (Feb. 22) asking if he was taking custom pipe orders. He replied very quickly and we started talking. My only input, was Straight Smooth Squat Bulldog. I wanted his interpretation of that description. His quote was more than fair and said 2-3 weeks. I offered payment and he said I could pay after approving the pipe. Today, I got an email full of pics and was more than satisfied. I immediately approved and sent payment and he said he only needed to stamp the maker mark and he would get it shipped.

I received these pics this afternoon (Mar. 17), and they will probably be better than my own... I'm blown away, so I can only imagine how happy I will be when I see it in person.

Attachments

• IMG_8068.jpeg
    IMG_8068.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8069.jpeg
    IMG_8069.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8070.jpeg
    IMG_8070.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8071.jpeg
    IMG_8071.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8072.jpeg
    IMG_8072.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8073.jpeg
    IMG_8073.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8074.jpeg
    IMG_8074.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8075.jpeg
    IMG_8075.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8076.jpeg
    IMG_8076.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
After seeing a few of Jack's pipes on the "What Are You Smoking" thread, I started searching around the forum and found this thread. Sent Jack an email immediately (Feb. 22) asking if he was taking custom pipe orders. He replied very quickly and we started talking. My only input, was Straight Smooth Squat Bulldog. I wanted his interpretation of that description. His quote was more than fair and said 2-3 weeks. I offered payment and he said I could pay after approving the pipe. Today, I got an email full of pics and was more than satisfied. I immediately approved and sent payment and he said he only needed to stamp the maker mark and he would get it shipped.

I received these pics this afternoon (Mar. 17), and they will probably be better than my own... I'm blown away, so I can only imagine how happy I will be when I see it in person.
Very nice. I received my first howell a few weeks ago. Great pipe, insanely lightweight, smokes like a dream. I believe i will be purchasing more in the future.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipes guys. I am still working on breaking in the 11 pipes I bought from Jack. I am not done, I see my future. I have 22 Rad Davis pipes and it would be cool to own that many of Jack's pipes. I have a goal to have around 65 artisan made pipes and nothing else. The only pipe I will keep that I don't smoke will be my first one, a Savinelli Linea Pui 5 with a silver band. I have a few artisan made pipes that are sitting on the fence, should or shouldn't I get rid of it. The pipes are fine, they smoke great, but they just are not me and I want my collection to be consistent.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipes guys. Keep up the good work buying Jack's pipes. The more we buy the cheaper he can keep his prices. Plus I like to see him complain he has so much business. Let's make sure he has to make at least 2 pipes a day and has to work 12 hours a day. Hell when I opened my first business I was putting in 16 hours a day and let me tell you it was a grind. I love it when people have to work like a dog like I had to. Misery always loves company.

I don't know if I showed of my latest Jack, it is another paneled Billiard. I was thinking of maybe making a 7 day set of them.I really which he could take better pictures as all of my pipes don't have pictures that are even close to how pretty the pipes really are.
C'mon Jack, get Neill to take the pics for you. Tell Neill I would give him ten bucks a pic, see what he says.