Noobie Here........ Who is a Jose Rubio Fan.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
pipes2smoke.com sells a few of his pipes at times. They have a few in stock right now.
Thanks for the heads up on the website. Some nice pipes on the site but nothing that caught my eye like the op pipes. I will keep it on my radar though because i do love a fantastic blasted pipe. Does anyone know why he hasn't gone more mainstream or sell pipes on more standard websites?

Reactions: PipeLoverInPA

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I was just looking over his Facebook, and noticed the last post was June 2020 for a pipe.

I contacted him to ask about a few pipes, he sent me an email with several pipes available, but these were not listed on Facebook.

I wish that he listed Specs on all the pipes, especially weight.

Also it would be great that he mentioned on his Facebook, where the Briar comes from he uses and it’s age.

Anyone have any background on Mr. Rubio, besides what’s listed at Pipedia and pipes2smoke.com?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I don’t have or want a Facebook account, and you don’t need a Facebook account to view Public Posts that people have not set them to Block.

Facebook allows people to make Public Posts, that we are suppose to be able to view on the Internet without an account.

15 minutes ago, I was just looking at Jose Rubio’s profile, now Facebook is telling me I need to Log in.

I do a Search on Google, here it shows his Facebook link.

BDC23139-5410-4CB1-9546-6D18CCE755EB.png

Now I click the Link, and this is what happens next.

8D094093-A5FA-4008-9E63-8808AA7B7A50.jpeg

Jose Rubio’s profile is Public, this should not be happening.

I also noticed this happening on a lot of people’s Facebook accounts.

Granted Facebook could be having issues, but given their past bad track record, I also see this being done to force people into making accounts.

PipeLoverInPA

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2020
@PipeLoverInPA how many Rubio are in your collection now?

Rubio is on my list next, hopefully soon I’ll have one, his work is really nice. :)

You certainly can't go wrong with a Rubio. One of the best looking and functional pipes you could own for the money IMHO. I am currently at 14 Rubio pipes with one in the works.

Reactions: PipeIT

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I own one Rubio which is a fine smoker. Congrats on your Rubio Collection. I know the feeling of being hooked to a pipemaker. My first was Rad Davis, 22 pipes later he up and retired on me. I have ten Ruthenbergs and he retired. I have recently been collecting Jack Howell pipes and I am at 11 or 12 I would have to get off my lazy ass to count, it ain't happening.
I am sure you are having as much fun as I am.

• Love

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Looking over Larrysson’s website and Facebook, the last pipe made was June 2020 I believe. I’ve never paid attention to his work.

I was however considering just recently to buy a Howell, but I think I’m going with a Castello for now instead, then a Rubio next.

Maybe down the road I’ll consider Howell, people seem to like his pipes around here, but I’d probably at that point, consider instead getting another Rubio.