Noobie Here........ Who is a Jose Rubio Fan.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeLoverInPA

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2020
I don't own one but they are pretty.

Great collection! There is a really nice one on smokingpipes.com right now if you want another. Its an estate but unsmoked. Super tempting

Thanks you sir. I saw that pipe, but Jose will usaully make me what I want. Currently he is making another poker for me. I have many more Rubios, that I could not fit in one post. ;) Thanks for the heads up though!

Current design:

rubiopoker1.jpg

More Rubio:

20200801_150517.jpg20200726_214008.jpg

PipeLoverInPA

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2020
Beautiful pipes! The bent billiard and the bulldog in particular. I don’t own any but maybe @hoosierpipeguy will post pics, he‘s got a fantastic Rubio collection.

It was @hoosierpipeguy who got me hooked on Rubio's pipes. lol! I know Mark a little bit. ;) Let's just say, Mark is Sith Lord Palpatine, and I'm his apprentice Darth Vader. ?

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Thumbs way up for Mr. Rubio, and nice pipes PAPipe. I tried to grab the one above and you must have beat me to it (unless it was a commission to start) ;). I've got three on the way, one similar to your poker above but minus the silver band.

Jose Rubio, Jesse Jones, Todd Harris, Ryan Alden, board-crush Jack Howell......some really superb carvers at approachable prices. I got three Rubios for what one A-lister was offered to me at....and I believe each Rubio will be just as good.

PipeLoverInPA

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2020
Thumbs way up for Mr. Rubio, and nice pipes PAPipe. I tried to grab the one above and you must have beat me to it (unless it was a commission to start) ;). I've got three on the way, one similar to your poker above but minus the silver band.

Jose Rubio, Jesse Jones, Todd Harris, Ryan Alden, board-crush Jack Howell......some really superb carvers at approachable prices. I got three Rubios for what one A-lister was offered to me at....and I believe each Rubio will be just as good.

It was commissioned. Ovet half that I own from him are commissioned. I'm up to 12 right now. ;) Jose is wonderful to work with, as I'm sure you know.

Last edited:

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Where are his pipes for sale at? I looked at smokingpipes.com and tobaccopipes.com and didn't see any.

Outside of the random estate,I don't think he has a regular US vendor. His main mode of sale is Instagram....pop in Jose Rubio Pipes in Google and it should be a top link. He puts up a pretty regular selection of pipes.....and you can get a good idea of what he makes. His e-mail is listed for contact. I'll say for the direct-contact artisan route, Jose has been very responsive/gracious to work with. At current US-Euro rates, most of his pipes would go $400-$550 from what I see right now.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Outside of the random estate,I don't think he has a regular US vendor. His main mode of sale is Instagram....pop in Jose Rubio Pipes in Google and it should be a top link. He puts up a pretty regular selection of pipes.....and you can get a good idea of what he makes. His e-mail is listed for contact. I'll say for the direct-contact artisan route, Jose has been very responsive/gracious to work with. At current US-Euro rates, most of his pipes would go $400-$550 from what I see right now.
Ok thanks but i dont have Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.... Ill have to get my wife to look him up i guess. Those blasts are amazing to look at and i bet they feel great in hand.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Ok thanks but i dont have Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.... Ill have to get my wife to look him up i guess. Those blasts are amazing to look at and i bet they feel great in hand.

I'm not hip with social mediaz either, but you can view the Instagram page via Goggle without downloading any app/program or signing up. It may only let you scroll through so many pics without signing up, but you should still be able to see a dozen or so of the most recent pipes.