PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Cigar madness has gone further than expected and there it is, a new Adorini Torino Deluxe Humidor. With space up to 30 cigars it should be enough for my needs. It took a few days to stabilize the RH but it seems stable now.

How much humidity should it be there before filling it? I'm at 73% but I'm not sure what to expect once it is full. I guess the RH should drop somewhat? I'm aiming at 65% but I'm not sure whether to lower it now or should it level itself once it's full.
I'd fill it, let it stabilize for a month or two, then start adjusting. It takes a while for Spanish cedar to fully swell.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Thank you! That's a huge compliment!

I don't actually sell these or anything. I've thought about it a time or two but decided I'd rather keep it as an occasional hobby.
Fully understand that! From the pictures, it looks like you do very good work with some interesting wood. At least it's a fall-back should you ever want some additional coinage!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I was in the cigar game I had a Vinotemp unit that was temperature and humidity controlled. It measured 81" high by 51" wide by 29" deep. It weighed 686 pounds empty and was completely lined with spanish cedar. It had two huge draws for singles and special smokes. I think the most I had in there was in the low 3000's as it was rated to hold 6000. When I moved from R.I to Florida I put it on a refrigerated truck for 850.00. I kept my temp at 65 and humidity at around 63.

one of the draws.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If cigars didn't cost like gold bullion I think I might enjoy them now and then, but for the price of a premium stick I can buy a tin of premium tobacco that provides twenty smokes. It hardly seems like a choice, unless you just prefer cigars. I don't. But those are beautiful humidors, large and small. The nifty table-top box is about my speed, if I did cigars. If I buy one, I smoke one, so no humidor needed.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Fully understand that! From the pictures, it looks like you do very good work with some interesting wood. At least it's a fall-back should you ever want some additional coinage!

I really appreciate that! and that's true, I wouldn't exactly say my arm isn't twistable if someone really wanted one haha

Reactions: tbradsim1

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cigar madness has gone further than expected and there it is, a new Adorini Torino Deluxe Humidor. With space up to 30 cigars it should be enough for my needs. It took a few days to stabilize the RH but it seems stable now.

How much humidity should it be there before filling it? I'm at 73% but I'm not sure what to expect once it is full. I guess the RH should drop somewhat? I'm aiming at 65% but I'm not sure whether to lower it now or should it level itself once it's full.
Since you expect the humidity to fall off, I wouldn't change anything now.

Reactions: luigi

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Just so you know, my beads failed, and when I told my tobacconist this he said to chuck the whole lot, the beads and the hygrometer, figure out how many Boveda packets were needed to humidify the space at the desired humidity, close the top and forget about it.

The bead meister never talked about his beads failing. The hygrometer manufacturer never said that only 1/10 of his hygrometers worked.
Take home is that Boveda works, and since the lid on my humi is snug, I'm still using packets bought in 04/19. The other equipment failed, and it was very confusing to try to work with them.

YMMV.

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Just so you know, my beads failed, and when I told my tobacconist this he said to chuck the whole lot, the beads and the hygrometer, figure out how many Boveda packets were needed to humidify the space at the desired humidity, close the top and forget about it.

The bead meister never talked about his beads failing. The hygrometer manufacturer never said that only 1/10 of his hygrometers worked.
Take home is that Boveda works, and since the lid on my humi is snug, I'm still using packets bought in 04/19. The other equipment failed, and it was very confusing to try to work with them.

YMMV.
I have 6 hygrometers in the space, so i ca keep an eye on things pretty well.

Reactions: BROBS

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
When I was in the cigar game I had a Vinotemp unit that was temperature and humidity controlled. It measured 81" high by 51" wide by 29" deep. It weighed 686 pounds empty and was completely lined with spanish cedar. It had two huge draws for singles and special smokes. I think the most I had in there was in the low 3000's as it was rated to hold 6000. When I moved from R.I to Florida I put it on a refrigerated truck for 850.00. I kept my temp at 65 and humidity at around 63.

one of the draws.

That's outstanding.

Reactions: BROBS