Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nail clippers, extra line, a stringer, some extra hooks, my favorite lures, a bobber, and some weights.
I like to also have a pair of pliers and a knife.
I have three tackle boxes, one for each style of fishing that I am doing. The smallest is my crappie box, because I don't really need much to fish for those. They'd just jump in my canoe if I wave a cricket in the air.

Reactions: Charlie718

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
White grubs, both single and twin tail. Minnows (not real), Mepps lures, fishing gloves for the pikes, a couple of different types of pliers, couple of knives, and dozens of other lures that I never use. Those grubs and minnows are my go-to. But some days, you just can't catch anything.

1617715121498.png

There was a pond near my home years ago loaded with carp. They were big, easy and fun to catch. I'd catch 'em and throw 'em back in. It was something to do.
Threw it back in? We are encouraged to toss the trash fish off to the side to die. Carp isn't something that people want in their lakes here. I really enjoyed watching the Rangers, NOAA or whomever they were, using a bow and arrow to pull the carp out of a local lake one day. Zip zip zip... then they just tossed them onto the ground to die. They are invasive and do something negative to the water that endangers the other fish.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Our state lakes have a fish called a white amur, a type of carp. I've always loved to catch those. They frequently weigh 50 pounds.. I believe the state record was around 70 pounds. I catch em on a dog food. Take two bags, dump one in and fish with the other.

Those are put in the state owned lakes to eat excess grass.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This always reminds me of this joke....

This husband tells his wife he has a quick unplanned fishing trip with two buddies for the upcoming weekend and asks his wife to assemble his gear, pack his clothes and please don’t forget his favorite nightshirt.

When the husband arrives home after the weekend his wife asks how the fishing went.

He replies they had a great time and caught a bunch of really nice fish.

The wife then asked how he slept and he replied that it was okay but it would’ve been better but he couldn’t find his nightshirt he had asked to be packed.

The wife responded, I sure did pack your shirt, I put it on the top shelf of your tackle box.

wow, just let them die. I grew up eating them just the same as catfish. the all eat off the bottom.
I've tried to eat carp with ramps. The ramps overpowers the muddy taste of the carp, but I just still couldn't... Catfish still has a very distinct fish taste that I really love.

I don't know why they kill them off. Maybe they just get too high in numbers or something.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.