PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Damn! Here I was, thinking this would be a great opportunity to engage in a massively lucrative criminal enterprise, bordering on governmental in scale, and it's just an April Fool's joke?
what is it with you and your schemes. First one learn art and then be a working artist, second grow a impressive stache, third run a criminal tobacco ring. What's next breeding chinchillas that's my bet.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Alberta actually DOES have a limit so I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t a joke eventually. What is it 10kg or something? Smaller cellars only ?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Alberta actually DOES have a limit so I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t a joke eventually. What is it 10kg or something? Smaller cellars only ?
I thought the limit was less than a box of cigars, regardless of whether you purchased them at a B&M with full tax

Edit: ok so a big box of cigars. Limit is 1kg of processed tobacco

Last edited:
Reactions: canadianpuffer

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I was about to believe it until I thought about the 10 cigarette limit on a product sold 20 to a pack... cray

1617320362489.jpeg

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I thought the limit was less than a box of cigars, regardless of whether you purchased them at a B&M with full tax

Edit: ok so a big box of cigars. Limit is 1kg of processed tobacco
Ya I wasn’t sure on the exact amount, I don’t live there anymore. I remember reading it when I started in the hobby buying from Burlington on whyte.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I fooled a previous professor with this one this morning:

""The Canadian Psychological Association is pleased to announce a "made in Canada" style guide to replace the APA - 7th edition style guide for use by researchers and students of psychology within Canada", a spokesperson for the CPA said. The hard copy of the CPA style guide 1st edition is currently being printed by HarperCollins Canada and is expected to be available for purchase by August of this year."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/

Reactions: mawnansmiff

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
you ever hear of this thing called history? Check it out it's chock full of people being super freakin crazy. :)
History? No, I of course wouldn't know anything about that. I'll try to remember to look it up sometime.

I was really thinking of my own lifetime in my own society...and IMO, the "super freakin' crazy" has not come close to these levels before. But that depends on ones perceptions...and yours are quite different from mine. Whose is closest to the actual reality of things? I'd say mine are and you'd say yours are. Time will tell I guess.

As for this thing you call history, it is true that human nature has always been the same...but what has changed is technology...and that alters the whole equation in many ways.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.