PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Not sure. Haven't been smoking pipes long enough to be of any help with this question, I started a few years ago and the only ones I have seen are the whiter packaging. Would guess the yellower one could be 80's or older perhaps? Really have no idea but would love to hear from the Carter Hall OG's:)

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Im honestly not sure, as I have no idea how long grocery stores keep em on the shelves. I've only noticed the change in packaging in the last few years. The first new style pouch I got, scared me at first.

Reactions: Ethan and BROBS
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I have read that it was due to COVID and that they would have more soon but nothing yet. I will say the hearth and home version is better than the match blend to me and I have a few pounds of it

Reactions: Ethan

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I can't find ammo, and today I found out my favorite pipe tobacco, Carter Hall, is off the shelves and is back ordered. The online dealers give you the option of "notify me when available" via email. I've heard that one before!
Whats next ? Straub beer vanishing from the shelves? I can't take much more!!

• Haha
Reactions: anotherbob

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I can't find ammo, and today I found out my favorite pipe tobacco, Carter Hall, is off the shelves and is back ordered. The online dealers give you the option of "notify me when available" via email. I've heard that one before!
Whats next ? Straub beer vanishing from the shelves? I can't take much more!!
Sometimes I think the notify me when available on things with an indefinite backorder is there to calculate interest, and justify production. There is some kind of a bar set like, if 10k people are waiting it's worth the production costs to get it done. I could be wrong though....

Aug 1, 2012
I just recently picked up three pouches of the older style in a RiteAid. The newer packaging can only be within the last five years. I have a tub of each type as well.
Yep, within the last 3-5 years as the old pouches I had were from that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.