PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I like Peterson P-Lip System pipes. And I like the larger P-Lip Petersons, in particular I like the Pub pipe size but I find that P-Lip stem tip a bit too large. Since I prefer the smaller P-Lip stem tip on my smaller Petes (i.e., 313,317...), I decided to sand and buff the tip on my Pub pipe a tiny bit. It worked and I like it better. Does anyone else alter their stem tips a little?
kind regards,
mike

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I trimmed a 309 P-lip to the point where it resembles a regular button. You just cut off the rounded part and a little of the button, right? But this was before I learned to appreciate the P-lip, which is a great aid to me for hanging the pipe from the lower teeth on those rare occasions when I smoke a bent. Would buy a replacement stem in a heartbeat if it didn't involve shipping the pipe to Sallynoggin for fitting.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I trimmed a 309 P-lip to the point where it resembles a regular button. You just cut off the rounded part and a little of the button, right? But this was before I learned to appreciate the P-lip, which is a great aid to me for hanging the pipe from the lower teeth on those rare occasions when I smoke a bent. Would buy a replacement stem in a heartbeat if it didn't involve shipping the pipe to Sallynoggin for fitting.
No he’s saying he shaped the stem and plip. It’s a good idea, actually! ?

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
No he’s saying he shaped the stem and plip. It’s a good idea, actually! ?
That's it--I modified the stem only. I love the P-Lip. The wider and thicker ones just feel a tiny bit too wide and too thick to me. In particular, I can talk to our German Shepherd siblings more easily and comfortably when smoking one of my (approx.) daily dozen bent Petes when clenching the slightly smaller or modified stems--and they DO need talking to (not WITH) when they want to chase the nut eaters 'round here (squirrels) and jump at the fence repeatedly toward our neighboring pooches. I don't like a combined weight of 275 lbs. repeatedly hitting that fence at force :). Although it doesn't seem to frighten the little pooches next door, nor did it EVER frighten our Yorkie Alpha Male :)))

kindly
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.