Are You a Sloppy Pipe Smoker or a Meticulous Pipe Smoker?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Is all of your equipment and tools neatly stored and ordered in some fashion, ready for each day's smokes?

Are your pipes categorized and rotated systematically?

Is your tobacco neatly stored in jars, poured so as not to loose a scrap, and neatly capped after each use?

Or are your pipes laying around the house, suffering scratches from being knocked around by the dogs?

Do you leave them on the table outside before you go to bed, lying among an ashtray full of stale ashes and burnt used pipe cleaners?

Is the only polish your pipes get is when you wipe your nose with them?

Just what type of pipe smoker are you?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm pretty sloppy. I try to keep my pipes in one or two places, but they're not organized. I also tend to over fill my bowls so I end up with tobacco escaping while lighting and darkened rims. I do try to keep the airway pretty clean. I am religious about using pipe cleaners and have started using the water flush method with most of my pipes. I have found the water flush actually keeps the exterior of the pipe looking good as well, since it also gets a hit of water and a towel dry. Helps with the darkened rims, too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I tip out my ash 1-2 times per bowl. Tastes better.
By the time I'm finished with a pipe, the as remains are negligible. It always amazes me how so little can be left over from the size pipes I smoke. I just tamp out any remaining embers and dump the contents, pipe cleaners, and paper towels into a waste basket when finished.