Heavier Pipes

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I am always seeing pipes that way between 1oz -2oz. I was wondering where I might acquire pipes of excellent quality that are 4oz+ in weight. I am simply looking for heftier pipes. Thank you.
I’m not sure what your objective is with this, but you could tie weights to your pipes if you are just looking for a workout. puffy

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
I’m not sure what your objective is with this, but you could tie weights to your pipes if you are just looking for a workout. puffy
Perhaps it's simply bc I am a beginner smoker but majority of these pipes feel like toys. I make have to look into custom Oom Pauls. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Is it possible to have a hefty pipe like that with a very small chamber? Something I can smoke in 12 minutes or less? I know i can put a pinch in and it will suffice but thought I would ask.
Mmmm, pipesmoking is a leisurely time passing thing. It would take me longer than that to just get into the groove. I expect each of my smokes to take me over an hour. Even small bowls take a lot of time.
Cigarettes became popular when men didn’t have enough tine for a pipe.
But, you can just smoke for twelve minutes, put the pipe down and come back to it latter.
But, having all day to do nothing but smoke is what makes this mostly an old man thing.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Is it possible to have a hefty pipe like that with a very small chamber? Something I can smoke in 12 minutes or less? I know i can put a pinch in and it will suffice but thought I would ask.
Tell us a bit about your smoking - what pipes and shapes you have and like. What kind of tobaccos you like. It might be easier for us to steer you.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I agree with Hoosier. Look toward some of the Italian makers (Ser Jacopo and Ardor both produce some very large pipes. Radice GG pipes, Brebbia Fat Bob, Savinelli Hercules) I used to love large pipes but now I will not smoke anything over 2 oz max and prefer 1.40- 1.75

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy