PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I’ve seen this happen a few times since the site update - right now, when viewing the site from my phone, it shows I have 11 notifications. I’ve checked all of the alerts and have read all PM’s, but the little red square with “11” is still there. I know it accounted for some of them, because when I got on the site this morning, I had 59.

I’m just curious if there are now notifications for something other than mentions, replies, reactions, messages, etc. because I can’t seem to find these other 11 notifications to make that confounded red square go away!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I’ve seen this happen a few times since the site update - right now, when viewing the site from my phone, it shows I have 11 notifications. I’ve checked all of the alerts and have read all PM’s, but the little red square with “11” is still there. I know it accounted for some of them, because when I got on the site this morning, I had 59.

I’m just curious if there are now notifications for something other than mentions, replies, reactions, messages, etc. because I can’t seem to find these other 11 notifications to make that confounded red square go away!
I have 102. I don’t know why

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeah, I can’t get them to go away anymore. Rather, some of them will, but others just hang out.
I think it’s old notifications way back in the list. If you click on notifications in your profile can you clear them all?

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Yeah, I can’t get them to go away anymore. Rather, some of them will, but others just hang out.
I saw the same thing...why I arbitrarily (seemingly anyway) get notifications for some threads and not others I don't know. That said, there should be a little black dot out to the right of some of the notifications, if you tap on that the black dot will disappear and your number should decrease by one...and yes, you have to do that to each black dot before it will go to zero...pain in the ass and annoying if I may say so...so I try to ignore it.

The ones you can't find they're there, you just haven't gone back in history long enough I don't think.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I saw the same thing...why I arbitrarily (seemingly anyway) get notifications for some threads and not others I don't know. That said, there should be a little black dot out to the right of some of the notifications, if you tap on that the black dot will disappear and your number should decrease by one...and yes, you have to do that to each black dot before it will go to zero...pain in the ass and annoying if I may say so...so I try to ignore it.

I’ll give that a try. Typically, however, they’ll disappear when I look at them. I guess they may not actually disappear from my notifications list for a few hours/days; but the little red box with the number in it will go away.

This obviously isn’t the end of the world, I just noticed it after the update and didn’t know if there was some other type of notification I didn’t know about.

Reactions: BROBS

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I’ll give that a try. Typically, however, they’ll disappear when I look at them. I guess they may not actually disappear from my notifications list for a few hours/days; but the little red box with the number in it will go away.

This obviously isn’t the end of the world, I just noticed it after the update and didn’t know if there was some other type of notification I didn’t know about.
I think we 4 should file a formal protest to the existing powers of forum government and issue a declarence against such annoyances.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I think we 4 should file a formal protest to the existing powers of forum government and issue a declarence against such annoyances.

Haha! Your black dot theory proved accurate. I just checked all the pages of notifications and there were indeed 11 of them with black dots beside them, even though I’d already reviewed them. Perhaps I scrolled past them too quickly and they weren’t automatically marked as read. Clicked each of those dots and the cursed scarlet number is now gone!

Reactions: BROBS

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Haha! Your black dot theory proved accurate. I just checked all the pages of notifications and there were indeed 11 of them with black dots beside them, even though I’d already reviewed them. Perhaps I scrolled past them too quickly and they weren’t automatically marked as read. Clicked each of those dots and the cursed scarlet number is now gone!
That's probably what you did; me, on the other hand, can't even work the damn camera on the phone, and half the time when I scroll, I accidentally go to some other page--how I figured this out, I have no idea...I just started tapping on shit--I yearn for a damn flip phone sometimes.

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.