PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
A. Go to the Doc, obviously.
B. Did you hurt yourself recently? Just curious what would make you think it's a clot over, say, a kidney stone, hernia, or other ailment?

I had my first ever kidney stone in 2019 and it was, OMG, something else.
I've also had multiple knee surgeries and had to give myself daily shots into the stomach area to prevent clotting when all that was going on. I do not like giving myself shots, it's weird. (But, also obviously necessary.)

• Wow
Reactions: alaskanpiper

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Anyone here have any experience with blood thinners? From my understanding they don't break existing clots only assist in preventing further - I think I may have a blood clot(or multiple) either in my abdomen or pelvis
the pain comes and goes but this has been debilitating to me for a few weeks to a month on and off
as many of you may not be aware I'm under 40

I haven't been smoking or drinking for 1.5 month - terrible flank and groin pain when it comes
NOT looking for med advice just knowledge/experience on thinners, clots and possibly worse(stroke if applicable to discussion)
I may be long hauling corona - I'm going to the doctor but I want to be prepared on what to do if clots is an issue
thanks
You made a similar health issue post on 12/25 about prostate problems. Is this related? Same issue?

Go see your Doctor.

Reactions: Casual

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Isn't alcohol a natural blood-thinner? ? ?
I was admitted to the hospital when I was a wayward teen with a blood alcohol content of 41%. Pro tip. Don’t ever do that. I was drinking Mezcal and got carried away. I spent a week in the hospital. To this day mezcal and tequila make me sick. Just to smell. I was 18 then. I’m 57 now.

Speaking of hospitals. Get your ass to the doctor. Clots can obviously kill, but they can also lead to amputation.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72 and BROBS

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I was admitted to the hospital when I was a wayward teen with a blood alcohol content of 41%. Pro tip. Don’t ever do that. I was drinking Mezcal and got carried away. I spent a week in the hospital. To this day mezcal and tequila make me sick. Just to smell. I was 18 then. I’m 57 now.

Speaking of hospitals. Get your ass to the doctor. Clots can obviously kill, but they can also lead to amputation.
Oh, yeah. I never suggested intoxication.

Given that the OP had already agreed to see a doctor I just tried to poke a bit of fun at him, and in no way was I giving medical advice. Had I replied before post #10 I woulda given medical advice (which would have been: see a physician ASAP ). Furthermore, any medical advice I give cannot possibly include the suggestion of drinking alcohol to excess and/or to the point of intoxication, which is both a sin and a health hazard—the former being way worse than the latter.

• Haha
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Isn't alcohol a natural blood-thinner? ? ?
I have about 30% blood in my gin, I should be fairly blood clot free!
My liver might be having convulsions though, so that might be another problem all together!

OP about your problem... unless you're a doctor, you should see a doctor.
On another note, you should see a doctor, even if you are a doctor... and stop taking advice from drunk tobacco addicts!

Last edited:

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Had a bout about 15 years ago. Spent three days in the hospital and six months on blood thinners working the size of the clot down, and now take an aspirin every day. Get to the doctor. Nothing good can come from waiting if its a clot.......or anything else.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Clots shunt blood flow. No blood flow equals dead cells. Dead cells or lack of blood to certain areas equals cardiac arrest or stroke. Covid is synonymous with blood clots. Blood clots in the lungs are called pulmonary embolism=death. Pain comes from nerves for inflammation or trauma to an area. Blood thinners indeed prevent clots from forming...not get rid of existing. Thrombectomy is the mechanical removal of a blood clots.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Clots usually form in the legs, not the abdomen. The possibilities are considerable, but require a medical work up.
Yup. Actually, I was gonna suggest greatly reducing the amount of time spent sitting down. Poor circulation might be a cause or a complication. I refrained from suggesting so because I don't want to stress the OP out—suggested possibilities tend to become all kinds of possible horrible scenarios in the mind of the patient—, and also because I don't know him or his habits, but since you bring it up...

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
A. Go to the Doc, obviously.
B. Did you hurt yourself recently? Just curious what would make you think it's a clot over, say, a kidney stone, hernia, or other ailment?

I had my first ever kidney stone in 2019 and it was, OMG, something else.
I've also had multiple knee surgeries and had to give myself daily shots into the stomach area to prevent clotting when all that was going on. I do not like giving myself shots, it's weird. (But, also obviously necessary.)
No I didn't hurt myself per se - I hear kidney stones are difficult and it could very well be that - I know I have a hernia as well - were you constipated with Kidney stones?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People tend to think they have a health problem they know about, but this could be something else. Get a diagnosis, and a second opinion if you aren't satisfied with the first one. This could probably be a list of things that need to be sorted out.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Anyone here have any experience with blood thinners? From my understanding they don't break existing clots only assist in preventing further - I think I may have a blood clot(or multiple) either in my abdomen or pelvis
the pain comes and goes but this has been debilitating to me for a few weeks to a month on and off
as many of you may not be aware I'm under 40

I haven't been smoking or drinking for 1.5 month - terrible flank and groin pain when it comes
NOT looking for med advice just knowledge/experience on thinners, clots and possibly worse(stroke if applicable to discussion)
I may be long hauling corona - I'm going to the doctor but I want to be prepared on what to do if clots is an issue
thanks
You should go to urologist's , maybe it's a kidney stones.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think they only prevent clots. Though if they do break them up that would be something you'd need a doctor to supervise as a clot dissolving or breaking up becomes several smaller and possibly more mobile clots. Either way if you think hey this thing that might be happening is potentially very fatal go to the doctor. It's better to have a big stupid bill for the a doctor to say nope you are not dying then to have a big stupid bill for an undertaker.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.